ADVERTISEMENT

Bo made an ass out of himself with the one-and-done comment

LCBrasefield

Mar 28, 2014
I've always admired Bo, but he really veered from form last night. He should have sucked it up about the bad calls, as arguably he benefited from the refs' whistles in the first half. However, where he was really off base was in his snarky comments about one-and-done players. He just lost a hard fought recruiting battle for Diamond Stone, who is almost destined to play but one year in college. Apparently, Bo wouldn't have had any problems with that arrangement.

Originally posted by LCBrasefield:
I've always admired Bo, but he really veered from form last night. He should have sucked it up about the bad calls, as arguably he benefited from the refs' whistles in the first half. However, where he was really off base was in his snarky comments about one-and-done players. He just lost a hard fought recruiting battle for Diamond Stone, who is almost destined to play but one year in college. Apparently, Bo wouldn't have had any problems with that arrangement.
B.I.N.G.O. He never once congratulated Duke, just moaned like a sullen school girl about the refs . The reason Bo hasn't had any " rent a players " is because none have been talented enough for early entrance to the NBA, although given the opportunity for a " rent a player, " he'd jump at the chance. He probably wouldn't jump, but he'd shuffle a bit.

Actually, that's probably why we lost him.

Bo is notorious for bring kids like him along slowly.

Even Dekker, would have been a one and done at some programs but under Bo he's learned to play defense and usually take decent shots.

Had he decided to stay for his 4th season, his shooting would be 100% better and he'd be a finished product, really ready for the NBA, Wisconsin is a developmental program, not a one and done type.

You pay your dues and you learn the game, unfortunately most kids would rather get paid first and then learn the game, which is why so many often spend their NBA careers watching soap operas and going to strip clubs.

Just read that UW graduated 44% of it's basketball players over the last 5 years. Good for 2nd to last in the Big Ten.

Is that what you mean by bringing the players along slowly?

Out of context, many transfer, nobody can help that and the graduation issue is based on 6 years.

Many Badger players, due to good Wisconsin connections, go to play in Europe & Asia for decent bucks and then return to finish their degrees later.
I believe a few are doing that right now, I know Mike Flowers did that but he doesn't count as a graduate because it's past 6 years..
You won't find any Badger players who can't read or speak, guaranteed..
Listen to a Nigel Hayes or any of them, all well educated and if they finish their degrees after 7-9 years because they went to play for pay, that doesn't count in the stats.
We can't even get bad students in past admissions, that's why Gary Andersen left.

Transfers count as graduated if they graduate somewhere else within that timeframe.

I am impressed by your relentless defense of all things UW.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:

Actually, that's probably why we lost him.

Bo is notorious for bring kids like him along slowly.

Even Dekker, would have been a one and done at some programs but under Bo he's learned to play defense and usually take decent shots.

Had he decided to stay for his 4th season, his shooting would be 100% better and he'd be a finished product, really ready for the NBA, Wisconsin is a developmental program, not a one and done type.

You pay your dues and you learn the game, unfortunately most kids would rather get paid first and then learn the game, which is why so many often spend their NBA careers watching soap operas and going to strip clubs.
Well, you've got to admit that having one-and-done's can pay off immediate dividends. Duke likely had 3 this past Monday, and all had their imprint on the game. Kentucky had a few one-and-dones' and got to the Final Four, not to mention winning it all a few years ago with a heavy emphasis of one-and-dones. It would have been comical if Bo landed Diamond Stone and then parked him behind whoever you intend to start at center next year.

Originally posted by Legrand:
Transfers count as graduated if they graduate somewhere else within that timeframe.
How do you control that?

I'm telling you the truth here.

The article you speak of was written by an African-American race-baiter who is insulted that Wisconsin plays mostly local kids in a state that is 97% Caucasian.Thinks the majority of the players should be African-American from elsewhere even if Bo wins 30 games every year with the Instate and border state kids.
Additionally, he recruits the A-American kids, they go to NC, UCLA, Maryland instead, so he takes what he can get.
It's very hard to get many of these one and done kids into the school academically, even if UW isn't Duke or Stanford, this is well known.
Graduation rates are based on 6 years and I explained what that is about.

Here's a nice article from not that long ago:

Monday, May 4, 2009

[/URL]
Go Wisconsin! Most Fortune 500 CEO Alums... Well, A Tie With Harvard

In this week's Fortune 500 issue, it has a short post on the leading alma mater of Fortune 500 CEOs. My alma mater, University of Wisconsin, is tied with Harvard University for having 11 CEO alums on the Fortune 500 list. Go Badgers!

Additional data that I'm aware of is that for undergraduate programs, Harvard and Wisconsin have the most Fortune 500 CEOs in the current list. And I remember an older study from the 90s that showed for companies, McKinsey and GE alumni made up the highest number of Fortune 500

UW having CEO's has nothing to do with basketball graduation rates. False logic.

I do admire your blind passion but maybe you are a bit over the top?

Maybe your, "I gotcha" statistic, is out of context B.S. with no real meaning.

I think if we had a G.E. college bowl with college basketball players, Wisconsin's kids would do very well against Kentucky and even Duke's one and done types.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT