ADVERTISEMENT

I think Kentucky would have beaten Duke.

There's little to suggest UW would have lost to ND, nothing really, whereas I don't see how DUKE could have driven like that on KENTUCKY'S bigs nor defended the Harrisons.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:

There's little to suggest UW would have lost to ND, nothing really, whereas I don't see how DUKE could have driven like that on KENTUCKY'S bigs nor defended the Harrisons.
I am not a Duke or ND fan but ND beat Duke twice and took UK to the wire (despite some bad calls they didn't whine about). Isn't that 'suggestive'?

Nope, match ups tell the real story.

Duke is bad match up for UW but ND is a good match up for UW.

Duke also beat the breaks off the Irish earlier in the year. Kentucky did not have the forwards to match Dukes speed. I was hoping to play Kentucky just to see the match up. I was impressed the whole tournament with the Badgers and they played good team ball. Good luck next year.

Next year we have no shot to make a final four, that's why losing to a stacked deck is harder to take.

Perhaps Bo should contact Coach K to see if he'll "rent" him a player or two......
laugh.r191677.gif

Nope.

They'd have flopped even more against UK, receiving the friendly whistle, as always...

in some cases, it's a non-whistle:

attachment.php

^^^NOT a Foul on Duke's J. Williams in 2001 Championship game.

By now, Duke's refs probably have direct deposit.

everyone forgets the shot clock violation against UK....we seem to forget

Well Duke (4) Freshmen, and (1) Sophomore beat Wisconsin which is quite remarkable when you consider that Duke is very difficult to get into academic wise unlike Kentucky.

What an opportunity Wisconsin had in a very watered down D-1-A basketball era. Oh well...

Originally posted by buki919:
Well Duke (4) Freshmen, and (1) Sophomore beat Wisconsin which is quite remarkable when you consider that Duke is very difficult to get into academic wise unlike Kentucky.

Good thing for Tosu... their standards for student-athletes must be even lower.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS." --- QB Cardale Jones

Originally posted by buki919:

What an opportunity Wisconsin had in a very watered down D-1-A basketball era. Oh well...
For years I have hoped you would be banned here with your passive/aggressive crapola, however, being an advocate of free speech , even a phony like yours, free speech, I keep my mouth shut, however I do find your style abhorrent and wish you'd go away.

Kentucky was overrated beat bad teams in SEC all year. The Cats shot over 50 percent and still lost. Duke was way to quick for Kentucky. Jones would have eat them up. The 2 best teams played.

everyone forgets the shot clock violation against UK....we seem to forget
Bad non-call, but the charge calls against Gasser and Hayes and non-call for Harrison were as bad. The refs really had a bad stretch there from about the 7 minute mark to 2:30. At that point Kentucky had the ball in a tie game and every chance to win and they couldn't do it. That's on them.

I think given another day between the semi-final and the final, Wisconsin might have won, even with those refs. Gasser and Dekker were both hit hard in the head and face by Duke (without fouls being called) and became ineffective. I think with the extra day's rest they might have come back. Also Frank missed a couple of shots late against Duke. It looked like he was out of gas.

Against Kentucky the Badgers overcame the refs, but didn't manage to do that against Duke. Duke won. End of story.

Kentucky-Duke is what CBS wanted. Glad they didn't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT