ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to CM and OnWisconsin!!!

NYBADGER

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2001
Love the LF hire.

Truly feel like it’s a turning point for Wisconsin Football and the overall willingness from the admin to build a top tier program. Good for them.

And while I love and respect JL, I believe CM had to make a decision that is in the best interest of UW and its fan base rather than something that appeases the players and recruits.

And I say this because with the introduction of the transfer portal, NIL, and early entries into the draft, the school is what stands the test of time and the players truly come and go. The loyalty that once existed where you knew that most of your roster would stay 4 years is long gone so serving players interests isn’t the way to build a program.

So if we are thinking long term and had the chance to land the 2021 college football coach of the year (who knows Big 10 culture as well as anyone), then this was a no brainer decision and monumental accomplishment for CM and everyone involved.

I am proud Badger fan this week and have faith that we are on a a stronger road ahead and JL will find his place and succeed in whatever he does.

There is truly new life in the UW football program.

Lezgo!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News