ADVERTISEMENT

Madison: White cop shoots Minority 19 year old.

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
So, apparently the cop was responding to a battery and followed a 19 year old into an apartment where during an ensuing struggle the kid was shot and killed.

My question is, when will someone tell these kids , "Don't resist arrest, you're going downtown in any event and if you resist, you might get shot?'
It's pretty simple, really, if the Cop confronts you, say, 'How can I help you officer, don't get arrogant, nasty and attempt to FIGHT an officer of the law."
If the RAPPERS wrote songs that suggested it's better to allow yourself to be arrested and not be stupid, that's what the kids would do."

Seems like what the protesters want is for people in their community to commit crimes and then if they don't want to be arrested, and resist arrest, they don't have to be arrested.
This post was edited on 3/7 8:38 AM by LeftyLarry

amazing, it is okay for white cops to shoot minorities because they did not lay down on the ground because a cop tells them to. Bet you the white cops would not tell a white kid to get on the ground.

why would any black athlete go to Wisconson to go to school and play. You have a Gov. who is a big time racist, now you have cops shooting people, unarmed, but ok to shoot accoeding too you to bethere ar enough vidcasue thekid did not get on teh ground. I wonder if he had got on the ground if thecops would not have beat the shit out of him. There are enough videos out there that bring that to light. Not surprised by your comments based on gthe fact that you are nowliving in a pure white state

Don't resist arrest, don't get shot, really quite simple.

No policeman should have to deal with people hitting them , trying to take their guns or whatever, just don't resist arrest, you won't get shot.

What's the alternative?

I don't want to be arrested.

O.K I'll just go back to the station and forget about it.

Not the way law and order works. Just don't resist arrest!

As for Black athletes coming to Wisconsin, Ron Dayne came from NJ, played in 3 different cities in the NFL and now lives in Wisconsin by choice, ask him how bad it is to play for UW.

You idiot.

"""

"""""""""""""""""""Police Chief Mike Koval said Saturday it is "absolutely appropriate" for protesters to express their feelings after a police officer shot the teen Friday night, but he called for restraint, adding that an outside agency will investigate the incident.

Koval said the incident occurred after an officer responding to a battery, followed the teenager to a nearby apartment and forced his way in after apparently hearing a disturbance, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

Koval told reporters that the teenager "then assaulted my officer and in the context of mutual combat, the officer did draw his revolver and subsequently shot the subject."""""""""""""""""""

DON'T RESIST ARREST!

How about everyone follow the law and not put yourself in a bad position??? Just follow the law..

The headline should have left the "White & Minority" words out of the title (IMO). Why does the Liberal media try to turn almost all of these unfortunate turn of events whenever they take place into a race-card issue?

When you break the law you break the law regardless of your race/color, ethnicity, or religion etc.

I don't understand this trend to resist arrest we're seeing in America. Police officers have the discretion to decide how much force is needed to subdue a suspect. That has not been nor will ever be changed. Violent resistance is tantamount to suicide or serious injury.

Really dumb remarks

You're not too bright are you? Cops respond to those resisting arrest in the same way.....they put them DOWN on the ground.....white and black. Don't be so f**king naive. Or perhaps you have a race card agenda. Blacks get no special treatment when they resist arrest. Nor should they. I guess it's open season on just assuming the cops are wrong. This bullshit is out of control when every incident like brings out rev Jesse and Al Sharpton.

Originally posted by iubaseball:
amazing, it is okay for white cops to shoot minorities because they did not lay down on the ground because a cop tells them to. Bet you the white cops would not tell a white kid to get on the ground.

why would any black athlete go to Wisconson to go to school and play. You have a Gov. who is a big time racist, now you have cops shooting people, unarmed, but ok to shoot accoeding too you to bethere ar enough vidcasue thekid did not get on teh ground. I wonder if he had got on the ground if thecops would not have beat the shit out of him. There are enough videos out there that bring that to light. Not surprised by your comments based on gthe fact that you are nowliving in a pure white state
Good grief you sound like a moron. Step outside and get some fresh air.

Originally posted by Catemus:
I don't understand this trend to resist arrest we're seeing in America. Police officers have the discretion to decide how much force is needed to subdue a suspect. That has not been nor will ever be changed. Violent resistance is tantamount to suicide or serious injury.
That sums up this entire situation. Nicely put. [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:

So, apparently the cop was responding to a battery and followed a 19 year old into an apartment where during an ensuing struggle the kid was shot and killed.

My question is, when will someone tell these kids , "Don't resist arrest, you're going downtown in any event and if you resist, you might get shot?'
It's pretty simple, really, if the Cop confronts you, say, 'How can I help you officer, don't get arrogant, nasty and attempt to FIGHT an officer of the law."
If the RAPPERS wrote songs that suggested it's better to allow yourself to be arrested and not be stupid, that's what the kids would do."

Seems like what the protesters want is for people in their community to commit crimes and then if they don't want to be arrested, and resist arrest, they don't have to be arrested.
This post was edited on 3/7 8:38 AM by LeftyLarry
?????? What does this have to do with sports? DAM man go to a news forum for god sake.

Originally posted by iubaseball:

Stop listening to Al Sharpton. Like the other poster said, stop resisting arrest,and stop attacking a cop or anyone else that has a gun. The people that do that needs to be shot, they are too stupid to be part of society, because they may reproduce.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT