ADVERTISEMENT

No justice from those refs.

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
Don't mind losing and Dukes guards played great but give us a fair chance.

That was horrible. Badgers got screwed bad, weren't even given a chance at the end with those garbage calls.

Sorry the refs screwed you guys! The Tar Heel family feels your pain! Great season Badgers!

4d8bbf1dd5a13.image.jpg

(NOT a foul^^^)

I was rooting for the Badgers... but I knew you guys would get "Duked" by the refs. They've been getting the calls (and non-calls) for years.

Now Wisky knows how Big Ten teams feel when they play Wisky. Wisky never gets in foul trouble when they play at home , in fact I am not sure if any visiting Big Ten team ever gets to shoot the bonus at Kohl center. Bo always screams out to the press, refs and Big Ten that we do not foul and Wisky get every call in the world from Big Ten refs wherever they play in the Big Ten. And Bo calls refs anything he wants to and not even reprimanded by the Big.
So now Wisky loses and of course Wisky fans fans cry foul. Hell, they only called two fouls on you in the first half and should have called at least six more. You did not cry about that. You lost, end of story.
Wisky, still only Big Ten school with no baseball team because you are afraid of Title 9. We will not even know Wisky exists until next year now. But you did have a great year. Be happy for that

THIS TIMES 1,000!!!

You just got outplayed by a better team with players who made bigger plays down the stretch, end of story.

I heard not one mention of foul discrepancy in the first half when the foul count was what, 10-2??!

Not to mention Frank bear hugs Okafor as he's putting in a lay-up...you're telling me thats basketball-related play? LOL Should have easily been an intentional foul.

Do yourselves a favor, don't take after Bo's example. It isn't a good look. For anyone.

Originally posted by iubaseball:
Now Wisky knows how Big Ten teams feel when they play Wisky. Wisky never gets in foul trouble when they play at home , in fact I am not sure if any visiting Big Ten team ever gets to shoot the bonus at Kohl center. Bo always screams out to the press, refs and Big Ten that we do not foul and Wisky get every call in the world from Big Ten refs wherever they play in the Big Ten. And Bo calls refs anything he wants to and not even reprimanded by the Big.
So now Wisky loses and of course Wisky fans fans cry foul. Hell, they only called two fouls on you in the first half and should have called at least six more. You did not cry about that. You lost, end of story.
Wisky, still only Big Ten school with no baseball team because you are afraid of Title 9. We will not even know Wisky exists until next year now. But you did have a great year. Be happy for that
Uh, How is it we had few fouls called in the first half and in most of our games on the road this year?

Originally posted by bshrader1:
THIS TIMES 1,000!!!

You just got outplayed by a better team with players who made bigger plays down the stretch, end of story.

I heard not one mention of foul discrepancy in the first half when the foul count was what, 10-2??!

Not to mention Frank bear hugs Okafor as he's putting in a lay-up...you're telling me thats basketball-related play? LOL Should have easily been an intentional foul.

Do yourselves a favor, don't take after Bo's example. It isn't a good look. For anyone.
Yes, the truth isn't something worth discussing anymore in this once great country, just accept and move on.

I get it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/duke-wisconsin-ncaa-championship-game-featured-controversial-call/story?id=30130985

Refs missed Winslow tip and out of bounds call, no doubt. They also miraculously missed Franks intentional foul on Okafor towards the end, and only called 2 fouls on the Badgers in the first half (nearly a statistical impossibility). Duke became more aggressive offensively in the 2nd half. Refs ended up sucking the whole game (and tourney).

Originally posted by G_a_r_y:

Notre Dame beat Duke twice.
True but Duke beat UW twice.

Seriously guys; the whining is silly. Two fouls in the first half on UW was not correct either. Think Coach K let the refs know about that?

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:

and only called 2 fouls on the Badgers in the first half (nearly a statistical impossibility).
Really?

Maybe you want to check which team committed the least fouls of any team in the entire DIV 1 of the NCAA this season.

Also check how many fouls Wisconsin averaged in the first half this season.

You might be very surprised.

Because the majority of your games are played with Big 10 officials, who have allowed "reputations" to become an influence.

Kaminsky bear hugs Okafor, I assume that's a basketball-related play in Madison...give me a break.

Duke simply became more aggressive offensively, that tends to lead to more whistles, point blank.

Wisky just got beat by a better team last night who showed a lot of fortitude to claw back and take the title from a team that has closed out teams all year long. Deal with it.

Actually, a tired Wisky team who was put in the west to make sure there was a Duke/Kentucky final ran a gauntlet of high seeds like no other #1 seed ever has, including Oregon, NC, Arizona, Kentucky and Duke and yes, was tired but still ahead with a few minutes left in the game until the Refs took over.
THe kid Allen flailed away with his elbows and shoulders and it was always a foul on Wisconsin.DUkan took a clear charge and it was a foul on him. When he was guarded by a guy 10 inches shorter a few seconds later and the kid flopped, it was a foul on Dukan.
When the Duke kid stepped out of bounds the ref looked the other way and he saved it to a teammate for a three.
No, a tried Badger team couldn't overcome both a fine Duke team and the refs.

This argument swings both ways....Winslow's 2nd and Okafor's 3rd fouls were absolutely ridiculous. Okafor strips Kaminsky clean and gets whistled. Kaminsky bear hugs Okafor, who is a monster and is able to finish the play, yet no intentional foul called. Dekker travels on a move to the basket, yet no whistle.

Foul count in the first half was 8-2 in favor of Wisky, yet I heard no arguments of referee conspiracy at that time!

Just face it, you were out classed and out played by a team who had, arguably, their best two players on the bench with a 9 point lead and you couldnt close the game out. They just made bigger plays down the stretch. Jefferson bottled up Kaminsky when it really counted.

And by the way, my hats off to Frank, he absolutely outplayed Okafor last night, hands down.

But Duke outplayed Wisconsin in crunch time. In Madison and in Indianapolis when it really counted.

Stop with the intentional call B.S. it's a red herring.

It's rarely called, never in that kind of spot.

Happens every game, refs only call it if it could have hurt someone or was done in anger, with malice or frustration.

Drop it, it's bogus, just a red herring.

After you guys play in more title games you will realize they let the players play. Nobody wants to see refs blowing the whistle
every time down court. I thought the big 10 played more physical.

If physical play is not the genre one desires for Final Four action, perhaps one could sashay slash frolic amist a field of brightly colored pansies, kissing the sky with every footstep.

Link.

I know the stats there guy - UW was mauling in the first half, yet Duke ended up in foul trouble.

I get it, losing sucks, especially on the big stage. The natural instinct is to blame the refs. Sad because I didn't expect it from the Badger group but hey, the more aggressive team won. Even with Okafor and Winslow out at key moments, Frank couldn't capitalize and Dekker laid simply faded.

Wisconsin never mauls, not the way Bo teaches defense.

You're not realistic, it isn't true and if it is, it lends credibility to unfair refs because that's how a dishonest ref does it, he gives you the first half while keeping it a close game and then beats you late so the foul calls seem even over an entire game but the outcome is changed late in the second half.
That's how they do it, ask any gambler, which I am not.

This logic is just ridiculously flawed, its hard to attempt to combat it.

Believe what you will. The argument isn't a red herring because its relevant to the issue.

While you as a UW fan see this as just another foul, the rest of the world sees it for what it is, an intentional foul that wasnt called. Do I understand your argument? Yes. Does it make it more plausible? No. It should be an intentional foul because there was on effort by Kaminsky to make a play on the ball. Just because it ISNT called doesnt mean it SHOULDNT be. Don't confuse the two.

Winslow stepping on the endline should have been whistled, but its a hustle play, much like Kaminsky's foul, so it shouldnt be called right??

Just using your logic here.

Wisconsin never mauls yet Frank grabs Jah and Dukan brings his hands down and encloses the opponent when he cannot contain them. Comedy.

Originally posted by bshrader1:
This logic is just ridiculously flawed, its hard to attempt to combat it.

Believe what you will. The argument isn't a red herring because its relevant to the issue.

While you as a UW fan see this as just another foul, the rest of the world sees it for what it is, an intentional foul that wasnt called. Do I understand your argument? Yes. Does it make it more plausible? No. It should be an intentional foul because there was on effort by Kaminsky to make a play on the ball. Just because it ISNT called doesnt mean it SHOULDNT be. Don't confuse the two.

Winslow stepping on the endline should have been whistled, but its a hustle play, much like Kaminsky's foul, so it shouldnt be called right??

Just using your logic here.

I told you conversation over, you win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT