ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State to win National Championship

Johnnypurdue

Jul 13, 2013
I like their coach, but they are winning because they can recruit! A third string QB lead them to the National Championship game. Ohio State will win by 7. I like Oregon also, in fact I like all the schools in the Pac 12. They are just beautiful campuses. You know what? Purdue fired their coach Hope and he beat Myer and the Buckeyes twice and played Oregon twice, both games in losses in O.T. Now they have some token coach there that can't recruit a one star athlete. I think the AD needs to go. He will retire soon, so they are waiting for that. PS Cardinal is in the wings for the next AD. He has a token ADM job now.
This post was edited on 1/3 9:46 AM by Johnnypurdue

Ohio State will potentially be a lot better next season, and I can't say enough about what tOSU was able to already accomplish with a 2nd string, and now a 3rd string QB and a young overall team. However, there is a reason(s) why Oregon is favored by 7 or so points, and tOSU is going to have their work cut out for them yet again in order to pull off the upset. This Oregon team in hindsight is probably even a better team then Alabama was (at least offensively they are).

Having seen Oregon in person demolish UCLA, I have to opine that they are deceptively good. Speed and a great defense will choke THE Ohia State. (I dislike the Buckeyes almost as much as USC. Ugh, both arrogant programs.

Yep. Go BIG10. I hope our guys can hang on though. One thing is for sure. They can atop pressing for the win.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:
Yawn, boring, who cares?
I wouldn't care either if i got waxed 59-0.
By the way no body cares that you don't care!

Buckeyes 8 time National Champions

I understand some of your kids were going to leave for the NFL early but couldn't afford to take the pay cut.

This post was edited on 2/18 9:57 AM by LeftyLarry

Yawn, boring, who cares?
"Boring"? tOSU wins the National Championship this year (their 6th all-time now) starting a 3rd string QB by beating the #1 & #2 ranked teams in the nation in consecutive weeks, and you call it "boring" Lefty?

You must be kidding right? I mean give them some credit Lefty. Now you being a Badger fan I'm sure that you personally don't care yourself Lefty, but I can assure you that others around the country took notice/cared, and didn't find it boring, or yawned afterward in the least bit. I'd like to see Alabama, Oregon etc. etc. win a National Championship with their 3rd string QB playing an entire game. This young Ohio State team came a long way this year after their loss to VT. Ohio State has a chance to be even better this upcoming 2015 season, but you never can tell which is why they play the games/play out the season, but thankfully we at least won it this past year/season.

What would have been less boring Lefty (IYO) that's not a pipe-dream? Oh I'd love to read your response.

This post was edited on 2/22 10:38 PM by buki919

If I wanted to read about OSU I'd go to an OSU board, yea, boring, maybe my wife should start posting here about Opera too.

This post was edited on 2/23 10:17 AM by LeftyLarry

If I wanted to read about OSU I'd go to an OSU board, yea, boring, maybe my wife should start posting here about Opera too.

This post was edited on 2/23 10:17 AM by LeftyLarry
Opera is another topic then football. EX: I'm not a fan of Alabama, but I wouldn't refer to them as being boring, or I yawn when I watch them Lefty. I watch every National Championship Game in D-1-A football whether the Buckeyes are in that game or not. I would much rather watch Ohio State playing in a NC Game, but that's not going to happen every year, or I'd rather watch Ohio State play in their bowl game wherever that is because I root for them just like you root for the Badgers, but on the other hand I'm not going to therefore claim that whoever is playing in the National Championship Game bores me because I'm a fan of the game of D-1-A collegiate football in general.

If or when Wisconsin ever played in a Rose Bowl game I watch that game too/just the same, and it never makes me yawn or bores me.

I don't think watching tOSU deep down bores you at all, or makes you yawn. I just think you don't like Ohio State and I understand that.

This post was edited on 2/23 12:50 PM by buki919

Wrong board Buki, if I talked Wisconsin on the OSU board, I'd be banned in 15 minutes.

There's nothing about OSU's program that I find admirable or worth rooting for but I did root for your hideous team to beat the even worse SEC.

Wrong board Buki, if I talked Wisconsin on the OSU board, I'd be banned in 15 minutes.

There's nothing about OSU's program that I find admirable or worth rooting for but I did root for your hideous team to beat the even worse SEC.
Well I understand that you're not a fan of Ohio State and that's your right/fine, but like I said/wrote earlier that shouldn't cloud your admiration for what they/tOSU accomplished this season.

This post was edited on 2/23 1:07 PM by buki919

Your third string QB is a better athlete and player than 95% of the rest of the world's first string QB's.

I should be impressed because a team in the NFL gets 10-20 #1 draft picks every year and wins once in awhile?

Get real.
Wisconsin hoops is 24-2 playing mostly 3 star white guys, that's something to be impressed about! LMAO.

Your third string QB is a better athlete and player than 95% of the rest of the world's first string QB's.

I should be impressed because a team in the NFL gets 10-20 #1 draft picks every year and wins once in awhile?

Get real.
Wisconsin hoops is 24-2 playing mostly 3 star white guys, that's something to be impressed about! LMAO.
Wisconsin benefits in basketball due to the fact that other schools such as tOSU, Duke, Kentucky etc. lose their best underclassmen players early to the NBA almost every year while Wisconsin usually doesn't lose any. You're benefiting from a watered down league. EX: How many times do you think Wisconsin would have beaten tOSU if past players such as Oden, Conley etc. etc. all stayed in college 4 years like your school players usually do? I'm just being honest here, and that isn't in anyway meant to slight Wisconsin basketball.

There's something very wrong/ill with D-1-A basketball (IMO) when your team/school is hurt because they recruit a higher caliber NBA recruit on the average over a school that doesn't. Who in their right mind would recruit a lower rated recruit on the average if they can attract a better player? Yet, schools such as Duke, Ohio State, UNC etc. are faced with that decision right now. Those schools rarely get the opportunity to pack their full punch potential like Wisconsin is in basketball.

Can you imagine Kentucky if they kept all their best players in college all 4 years. Most schools can't even beat their true-Freshmen never mind their Juniors and Seniors that never fully materialize.

This post was edited on 2/23 5:07 PM by buki919

Originally posted by LAKERBRUINPACKER:
Having seen Oregon in person demolish UCLA, I have to opine that they are deceptively good. Speed and a great defense will choke THE Ohia State. (I dislike the Buckeyes almost as much as USC. Ugh, both arrogant programs.
Welp.

loserwis.0.gif

Same guys were at Wisconsin last year and a year younger, so, Kentucky would be able to recruit five Macdonalds All-Americas every year if they were staying to get an education?
Of course not, they'd go elsewhere, the advantage of the kids leaving early is you get more to take their place and anyway, I root for college students who also play collegiate sports, you root for Hessians who are pro athletes before they even get to school, enjoy them, I'm truly not interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT