ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss fans coming this weekend

Any recommendations or help navigating Madison would be greatly appreciated.
1st: Dress very, very warm if you're going to the game. It'll be in the low 30's and windy, so it will feel even worse.
2nd: Depending on your age, I'd skip the State Street bars and head for Hotel Red across from the stadium. Always loud and crowded, and prices are a bit higher, but people act "civil", especially if you're from out of state. (We met some LSU guys there a few games ago and they were a riot).
3rd: IMO: Most "class" eating spots in the downtown area good, but are over-priced. For simple fare, you really can't go wrong anywhere. If you've got a car and like really great steaks, I'd suggest heading just out of the campus area and try places on, or just off, University Ave:
a. Smokey's. (A strange layout but a Madison classic for Filet)
b. Fleming's. (Pricey but great food)
If you stay downtown, Toranado is also very good.
There are others, but you'll never get a reservation.

Reactions: M.O.B. Rebel
1st: Dress very, very warm if you're going to the game. It'll be in the low 30's and windy, so it will feel even worse.
2nd: Depending on your age, I'd skip the State Street bars and head for Hotel Red across from the stadium. Always loud and crowded, and prices are a bit higher, but people act "civil", especially if you're from out of state. (We met some LSU guys there a few games ago and they were a riot).
3rd: IMO: Most "class" eating spots in the downtown area good, but are over-priced. For simple fare, you really can't go wrong anywhere. If you've got a car and like really great steaks, I'd suggest heading just out of the campus area and try places on, or just off, University Ave:
Thanks Frank!

Oh - make sure to go order brats at the student union and take in the view (briefly) of lake Mendota from the terrace...and then imagine what that scene would look like when it's 75 degrees and Sept. Actually, nevermind - just come for a game in September instead.

Reactions: M.O.B. Rebel

Thank you! We can't wait!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT