ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question here

djbpitt

Jun 28, 2001
With all of Wisconsin's money and success, shouldn't they be able to do better than Paul Chryst?

Paul Chryst will do just fine by Wisconsin and should have been the choice instead of Gary "who?" Anderson. Bring a son of Wisconsin home.

I am an Iowa fan and don't have a dog in the hunt.

However, in my outside view, whoever Barry Alvarez hires will be a very good hire for Wisconsin.

Yes, Wisconsin to me seems like a fantastic job and I would think there could be some very good head coaches across America who could be lured, but I do think Chryst will do well because he seems to have Alvarez's confidence.

Originally posted by Muggsy Blue:
Paul Chryst will do just fine by Wisconsin and should have been the choice instead of Gary "who?" Anderson. Bring a son of Wisconsin home.
After getting burned twice, I think that you guys took the "safe" hire, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I join those who wonder why you were having problems holding onto your coaches. Is Barry that difficult to work for? If so, we can sympathize; our AD isn't exactly a "gem" either.

As far as hiring Paul Chryst two years ago, Pitt did you a favor by providing his head coach "internship". He wasn't quite ready to be a head coach when we got him, so we put up with a few on-the-job-training blunders that you probably won't have to deal with.

Coach Chryst is a good guy, and I wish him - and Wisky Nation - well in the future.

This is the type of fan's that PC was forced to contend w/ at Pitt. People that thought he should have had as playing on New Year's Day within 4 years if not faster. All they looked at was his record despite the utter disaster of upperclass depth not to mention lack of talent he inherited. But their attention span is not equipped to handle understanding how a toodler crawls before he walk.s. Many on the PantherLair wanted Pitt to go straight from crawling to sprinting in the 100 meters at the Olympics. What PC put into place at Pitt within a short amount of real-life time was impressive. He was a very good hire & people that understand football recognize the smart move Wisconsin made to get PC.

Hail to PITT !!!

Originally posted by djbpitt:
With all of Wisconsin's money and success, shouldn't they be able to do better than Paul Chryst?

I agree. What is Pitt's excuse for not doing better than Chryst?

Really, Jefro? Do you recall the circus that was Pitt coaching before Chryst? Look it up, and you'll have your answer.

Ksquared:

Having been a Pitt fan for more than 40 years, I have the most realistic and modest of expectations. So you're wrong about that. But losing to the likes of Akron and recruiting 2-star players and having classes ranked in the 40s and 50s wasn't going to help the program succeed. I think he had taken the program as far as he was going to be able.

I think he'll do **reasonably** well at Wisconsin because it's easier to recruit and win: more money, more fans, a captive audience, an on-campus stadium and a relatively easy league. In other words, he may not be a rebuilder but he'll do OK as more of a caretaker coach. I hope I'm wrong because I generally like Wisky football, but I think he'll maintain what's there without screwing it up or necessarily adding to Wisky's accomplishments.

I agree. I find all the Alvarez bashing humorous. They guy has produced a fantastic 20 year run at UW and even in an off year has UW competing for the B10 title and in a New Year's Day Bowl. The data indicates that as long as Alvarez is calling the shots, UW will do fine. Think about it, with all the mediocrity in college football people think Alvarez is a problem? All the guy does is produce winning teams. I don't get it.

The bashing is being done by Pitt and Rutgirls fans. That should tell you all you need to know .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT