ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Day 3

John Veldhuis

Aug 21, 2011
Just some bits for you guys while I write up my practice report:

-- The Badgers finally did some team drills and skeleton drills during practice today. I have to go through my notebook to tally everything up, but Stave had a bit of an up and down day- he made some nice throws down the field but was almost picked off three times. He had a nice connection down the field to Wheelwright that I think he would have underthrown last year, but today was a bit of a reminder that even though he's the 'starter' there's still room for improvement.

-- T.J. Watt left practice today with what looked like a left leg injury. He's had trouble staying healthy before, so for his own sake here's top hoping he's ok.

-- A.J. Jordan also sat out of practice today.

-- Walker Williams worked at right guard for a while today. Not sure if they're just taking a look at him at some different spots or if that would be more of a permanent move, but it kind of solidifies my thinking that Hayden Biegel is the frontrunner for the right tackle spot.

-- I thought Kyle Penniston had a nice day of practice from the parts I saw. He made one really nice one-handed catch over on a post route down the field that really caught my eye.

-- I kept an eye on Taiwan Deal in particular today. He had an up and down day- it's obvious that he's still learning some of the finer points of the position, but he had a few runs during team drills that caught my eye. He's a smooth runner for someone who's supposed to be a bigger back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News