ADVERTISEMENT

What has happened to freedom of speech?

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
Even ugly speech.

I remember when the idea was to allow people, even Nazis and skinheads to say whatever they want and then have WE the people, reject them and their comments, try to teach them the error of their ways and stay away from them if we didn't agree.
Now apparently, they say people have freedom of speech but if they say something we don't like just throw them out of school, fire them, whatever and it isn't done by We the People but institutionally, federally, etc. it's a very slippery slope, one we will all pay for as college professor types consolidate their recently gained and enhanced power.

We all have a right to shun people we don't like, not join their fraternities, stay away from them but do we really want them banned and thrown out INSTITUTIONALLY, Governmentally, AND is that really free speech.
This post was edited on 3/10 9:00 AM by LeftyLarry

Those in charge have the freedom to throw you out
..if you offend...smh

No, they have the power, too much and more every day.
This post was edited on 4/9 10:02 AM by LeftyLarry

Welcome to Liberal Obama Democrat America. Northern Yankees voting for these liberals, you only have yourself to blame.

You do know that Kentucky is considered in the Northern part of the United states right? It's above the 36 30 parallel line.

Kentucky is a southern state. Always have, always will. Nice try liberal. Go vote for more Obama care and free living for illegals.

Lmao yup I'm liberal, bingo haha. It's good to hear you woke up this morning from your old Milwaukee hangover to just stir some stuff up. I actually kind of enjoy these posts. It's funny because your clearly not military. They taught us to have more respect for our fellow Americans.

Originally posted by ArmyWildcat81:
Kentucky is a southern state. Always have, always will. Nice try liberal. Go vote for more Obama care and free living for illegals.
38-1

Originally posted by ArmyWildcat81:
Here's a map of the REAL Southern states, you bastard traitors from West Virginia and Kentucky.

Medicaid-Confederacy-Map.png

Link.

...country ...economy...market ...housing doing well under Obama...compared to 2007-2008

LMAO.

Economies always come back, the 18 trillion dollars he'll leave us owing will kill us going forwArd, the numbers are astronomical.Its the only reason Yellen hasn't raised rates, if she does, and quickly, rates go up a point or two, the Government won't be able to service the debt.

The economy is like his Iran deal, when he leaves the sheet hits the fans for the next guy.
He's destabilized the entire world and the Putin's and Iranians are laughing at us, doing anything they want, Chinese too are planning some interesting gambits you'll see next summer.

Not to mention he's greased the skids for over three hundred thousand Muslims to enter the country this past year or so, quietly and quickly.

He wants us to be France with no go zones.
This post was edited on 4/8 11:03 PM by LeftyLarry

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:
, Chinese too are planning some interesting gambits you'll see next summer.

This post was edited on 4/8 11:03 PM by LeftyLarry
Can you expand on this please?

Google aggressive china foreign policy and similar wording.

Chinese like everyone else see Americas weakness under Obama, see the vacuum he has created by shrinking our military while increasing our debt,
They'll be challenging their neighbors in the South China Sea and elsewhere, just wait.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:
Google aggressive china foreign policy and similar wording.

Chinese like everyone else see Americas weakness under Obama, see the vacuum he has created by shrinking our military while increasing our debt,
They'll be challenging their neighbors in the South China Sea and elsewhere, just wait.
I thought you had something specific. I'm very interested in China.

They've been challenging their neighbors in the sea for years. They were a lot more aggressive a year or two ago but have gotten better in recent months. They're just flexing their muscles. They are the #2 power in the world and they want to have more say but they don't want to do the heavy lifting in international issues. It's a two way street.

Their actions and provocations (Sea, sendaku/diaoyu islands, history texts, etc) are actually pushing Japan, South Korea and other south east Asian countries back towards the US.

We should be more worried about their hacking and stealing of Intellectual property than anything they do in the sea.

Shrinking of the US military budget isn't effecting China in anyway. China's military budget will continue to grow, it's a maturing power. The US's is still bigger.

Will be a very interesting relationship over the next 20 years.

Have you read/seen anything about the ghost towns (brand new empty cities) they built? Pretty interesting. Now that's a bubble waiting to burst.

I almost bought some property in the outskirts of Shanghai about fifteen-twenty years ago, near the airport.

It was really a very long term land lease but we walked when we saw it was all rice patties and they only gave you seven years to build on it and then took it back but kept your money.

We couldn't live with that risk, but in retrospect we would have made mucho dinero.

Too early for us, now it's too late.

By definition the RIGHT wouldn't allow the country to go to crap, which is the entire point. Today's indoctrinated young people don't get.

I am not a "Republican" but certainly far from a "Democrat". That being said, both sides have some screwed up views, it's just that one is less screwed up than the other IMO.

I thought you had something specific. I'm very interested in China.

They've been challenging their neighbors in the sea for years. They were a lot more aggressive a year or two ago but have gotten better in recent months. They're just flexing their muscles. They are the #2 power in the world and they want to have more say but they don't want to do the heavy lifting in international issues. It's a two way street.

Their actions and provocations (Sea, sendaku/diaoyu islands, history texts, etc) are actually pushing Japan, South Korea and other south east Asian countries back towards the US.

We should be more worried about their hacking and stealing of Intellectual property than anything they do in the sea.

Shrinking of the US military budget isn't effecting China in anyway. China's military budget will continue to grow, it's a maturing power. The US's is still bigger.

Will be a very interesting relationship over the next 20 years.

Have you read/seen anything about the ghost towns (brand new empty cities) they built? Pretty interesting. Now that's a bubble waiting to burst.

Actually it us the consumers that made China into what they are today. It's not Obama's short 8 years, not even close. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty in tacitly promoting the unrestricted flow of goods from China the last 2-3 decades. We buy anything and everything that's made in China and in the process continue to make millionaires and billionaires out of people there. And then they turn around and put the money that we paid them back into our property market and investment companies. They're jacking up property prices to the point that it hurts American buyers the same way they did to middle class Australians and Canadians.

I'm less concerned with China's actions in the sea. It would be simply hypocritical of us to judge them when we have hundreds of military bases around the world. Guess what, they're just following in our footsteps in gaining some leverage so that they don't get squeezed out by the Western powers.

Nowadays the battle is no longer at the military level anyways, it's at the economic level. We have to get a hold of our consumption-based economy which thrives on Americans going in debt to keep up with the Joneses. It's a vicious cycle because once they get there, they find that it's not as fulfilling as they perceived so they spend even more. It's never worked anyways as evidenced by the high level of antidepressant use of Americans. But the powers that be are more interested in bickering with each other over insignificant topics like gun control and abortion than seeing the big picture of global competitiveness.

We gotta start with reducing our addiction to products with the "Made in China" tag. Stop the Chinese monopoly and reduce the dollar outflow to China. It will reduce our trade deficit and hit them where it hurts the most. Put conditions on trade to level the playing field. If the Chinese government can artificially deflate the renminbi to encourage exports, we can tighten the noose on trade until they crack down on stolen intellectual property. We have no jurisdiction over how they do business so we have to force their government to take action.

Lefty I know is having a fit...the confederate flags are coming down...Rainbow flags going up

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't respond to threads like this, but............ I always am amused that on a board supporting a university there are comments like "as college professor types consolidate their recently gained and enhanced power."

I know I shouldn't respond to threads like this, but............ I always am amused that on a board supporting a university there are comments like "as college professor types consolidate their recently gained and enhanced power."
What, you don't like hearing the truth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT