ADVERTISEMENT

Coming to 1st Wisconsin Game

RONole

Jul 17, 2021
Hello, I’m actually a Florida State fan and live in Florida. My oldest son is a huge Packers fan and I took him to his first Packers game for his 18th birthday. We combined it with a Notre Dame game because we are college football fans.

For his 21st birthday he chose another sports trip and wants to combo the Packers with a Wisconsin game. We have heard the Wisconsin home games are a good bucket list experience so we plan to come to the Michigan at Wisconsin game on 10/2 and then Packers the next day. Other than the game itself I was hoping to hear about some cool places to see or visit on Friday or on game day? Cool bars or restaurants? Pep rally or band performance? Whatever you think would give us the flavor of the Badger game experience. Thanks for your input and we will be wearing red that day. Go Badgers.

Welcome! cool bars are near Camp Randall on game day with their respective parking lots having outdoor bars and Grills. State street Brats is a must on Friday night yet be forewarned, it gets very crowded and young on Friday night(as does all of state street). The Student union is a must on Friday afternoon as the weather should be perfect and you can sit outside and enjoy the lake views.

I prefer the Edgewater hotel as its a four star with a good restaurant and its view is peerless right on the water. Many hotels require a 2 night minimum though.

Madison is awesome in the fall, you will love it.

For me, Friday lunch or dinner is at the Parthenon on State Street if you are looking for a quick bite. They are also open late so you can hit them before going home. The Student Union referred to above is the Memorial Union and is great for afternoon beers. Also, check out the Rathskeller inside for at least one beer. Reagent Street is good for consuming beers prior to and after the game, but the pep rally with the band is at Union South. They also has food and drink for that event. There are many great places to eat depending on what you want to spend. A Pig in a Fur Coat is fantastic if you want to venture a little further from the university; it is a little more expensive but not bad. Enjoy.

Reactions: RONole
The old fashioned on friday night....terrace on gameday morning...regent street bars are classic,...union south before game is epic...rotary tailgate party across from kellner hall is a great place to end before going into camp randall...the last few years they started having friday night locker room visits and game day on field passes you can buy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT