ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from IU fan

TJK

Aug 31, 2001
Congrats to the Wisconsin basketball team and coach Ryan for getting to the final four! Bo Ryan is a great coach and the team reminds me of the old Coach Knight teams at IU. Great defense and offense and they play as a team. GO BIG TEN!!

Bob Knight can not hold a candle to Ryan.

if Knight had to play with the talent Ryan has had over his career Knight would not of won half his games.

we all seen how great of a coach Knight was when he was not getting top recruiting classes anymore.

and when Knight did get top recruits they left because he was a terrible person. Bob Knight is overrated and did nothing the last 10 years at IU..

Bo Ryan is loved and praised not only by his Wisc players but players he coached in Pan AM ,U.S games.

Bob Knight is hated and despised of by at least half of the players he has come in contact with through his career. not to mention just basic staff and people in the public who he has bullied and left a bad impression on.

Bob Knight wishes he could be half the coach as a Ryan, but most of of all like a fraction of Ryans personality and respect for others,

whhs22 - why all the hate? By the way, recruiting is part of coaching.

Thanks IU fan, it is nice for Bo to finally get the naysayers off his back and reach the Final Four. I see the comparisons as both stressed the fundamentals and defense. Neither coached an up style of play either. I love that about is our coach however, Bo is three National Championships away from Knight and has a ways to go to be considered at that level.

Originally posted by whhs22:
Bob Knight can not hold a candle to Ryan.
In deportment you have a good point. Bo has had a double technical, IIRC, once at Wisconsin. And, I believe he did it for effect, not out of pure pique.

But Bo says he learned his most important defensive techniques from coach Knight at a coaching clinic. So credit to the teacher.

Knight also did right by his players, took academics seriously, and did not cheat. He certainly had his flaws, but he was an excellent coach.

Tom Crean is not even close to Knight or Ryan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT