ADVERTISEMENT

Get It Done Wisky

amie

Dec 16, 2001
Bo is 10 times the coach Calipari is.

I will be there to watch.

Probably the same time the Kentucky basketball team "Student Athletes" attend their 2nd semester finals.....

Go to the NCAA website and look at the APR scores. Kentucky is holding its own with the mighty Badgers. They all complete their 2nd semester before they take off to make more than 99% of the rest of America.

"They all complete their 2nd semester"

You honestly couldn't write that with a straight face, could you?

Originally posted by tippiwoo:
Probably the same time the Kentucky basketball team "Student Athletes" attend their 2nd semester finals.....
To date, there has been one, one-and-done kid who hasn't completed their second semester of school. That was Daniel Orton.
It is funny, there isn't one kid who Cal has recruited to UK in his 5 years that Bo wouldn't have recruited if he had any chance at landing them.

You obviously haven't seen the Graduation rates for teams in the NCAA tournament teams, holier than thou fan #207,364,006.. Hint: UK is in the top third, Wisc is in the bottom third.

On a different note, you allow yourself, as well as many others do, to be blinded by the NCAA's preaching that you must be a student (I don't see you all being harsh to Bill Gates for going pro as soon as he could... Also don't see you making any statements about UNC's cheating scandal. Or about every single program in the country recruiting "One and Dones" but everyone hates us because we actually get them). If the NCAA was so concerned about student athletes, why would they allow all of this non-regional conference realignment? I mean just think about it. More travel time=more time away from class=less education (lets ignore the fact that most all college students are allowed to skip a class). The hypocrisy in this argument is palpable.

Anyways, there is too much stuff to cover on the subject, and the hate runs too deep (you all just repeat the same rhetoric you hear from other fans) for me or anyone else to change your mind with logic. I only ask you this. If you were a single parent, having to work 2 jobs (or were the kid of that parent) to eat/send your kid to college, and your kid had an opportunity to make millions, what would you say to your parent/kid? I just don't get people who are outspoken against this, the only motives are jealousy and repeating blindly without thinking what other people have said.

Originally posted by fuzz77:

To date, there has been one, one-and-done kid who hasn't completed their second semester of school. That was Daniel Orton.
It is funny, there isn't one kid who Cal has recruited to UK in his 5 years that Bo wouldn't have recruited if he had any chance at landing them.
Excellent point fuzz, and I'll add that Daniel Orton committed to Billy Gillispie, not JVC.

Was anyone alive the last time Wisconsin won a title?

Must hurt to know out of the four teams, Wisconsin is the only team that nobody has picked to win it all.

Does Kentucky actually give degrees? Accredited?

How about who can actually get into the School?

These stats they're talking about are way off based and wrong Larry. Saw it in another thread on the open basketball board. Pretty funny actually. You would think anyone with just some common sense would know what's up but...

Originally posted by amie:
Bo is 10 times the coach Calipari is.

I will be there to watch.
Want to compare their records. Not just at UK either. Cal took UMass and Memphis to the FF

Technically, he never did as both programs were stripped by the NCAA and Cal got out before the NCAA could pin anything to him.

Talking about skipping the second semester, what were the Badgers, 66 out of 68? The Cats have a 3.4 GPA.

ADVERTISEMENT