ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck Sat !!

Catmyers

Apr 3, 2007
Hey I mean this in a very sincere way, Does Bo not like recruiting Blk players? I mean I hear fans always talking about Rupp being a racist and then Texas Tech came around kinda like a repeat this year but with UK having the colored team.

Wisconsin is a STATE school and most of the people living in the State are white and Bo recruits all of the best kids locally, Black and white.

The white kids seem more willing to play BO-Ball and are more willing to come to Wisconsin, we lose a lot of the best Black kids to places like Duke, NC, UCLA etc..

Last year he brought in 4 Black kids out of the 5 scholies.

Badgers finish no worse than 4th every year in the big Ten and make the NCAA tourney every year, so nothing appears to be broken.

Is it illegal to allow white kids to play basketball? Obviously they can play because they win 20+ games every year.

Badgers want Student athletes, who come to school to stay 4-5 years and get degrees, not one and done'rs.

Please send us your best 5 star Black athletes who are willing to play for BO, we'll gladly take them, if not we'll just continue to muddle through with our local kids no matter what their race.

Originally posted by Catmyers:
Hey I mean this in a very sincere way, Does Bo not like recruiting Blk players? I mean I hear fans always talking about Rupp being a racist and then Texas Tech came around kinda like a repeat this year but with UK having the colored team.
It was Texas Western (Texas El-Paso today).

Remember hearing about that game as a child. No one in Kentucky said a thing about race, everyone was just heartbroken that their beloved team, Rupp's Runts, had lost. -And a Rupp wasn't a racist. Petitioned the SEC to integrate but was turned down. Lots of other evidence, but the media needed a bad guy, and we were it. (Ed Bradley of CBS did a documentary on the game, that was fair to Rupp.)

Lots of things have changed, but one thing remains the same, that many in the media will portray Kentucky as the bad guys, no matter what we do. When we had the seniors, playing against Duke's freshmen, we were the the team that didn't have any fun, etc., etc.

Wisconsin, love your passion for basketball, and your love for your team.

ADVERTISEMENT