ADVERTISEMENT

goofs up next for Bo's badgers.

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
I'd expect a better game from Frank, Bronson and Gasser, though it's a reasonably quick turn around and they looked a bit sluggish Wednesday night against PSU..
Then again , nobody can get too hyped up playing PSU in an empty arena, expect the boys to have some juices flowing against border State Minnesota and their Goofers.
Badgers by ten.

Yup, Badgers by ten.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Pretty ho hum boring game. Minny kept it close at first then it was never in doubt the rest of the way once we pushed it to double digits. Tuesday is the biggie. Hopefully they come out and play a full 40 minutes.

Didn't like the body language of some of our guys.

Josh, Nigel and SAM suddenly don't look confident with the ball and we know Dujue has lost his too, wonder why so many Badger players over the years lose confidence in their shooting towards year's end.
Frank is dribbling too much, we need to go back to 5 men handling and passing to the open man.
When they were doing that they were blowing teams out from the start.

Duje is the only one who lacks confidence, besides brown. Not worried about anyone else.

I'm a bit worried, we'll see at Maryland.

Ball isn't moving as well last few games.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:
I'm a bit worried, we'll see at Maryland.

Ball isn't moving as well last few games.
I wouldn't worry much about this year Lefty, but I'd worry about next season after many of your Seniors exhaust their 4 years of eligibility, and Decker leaves a year early for the NBA. Lets see how well your inexperienced 3-star recruits do in their place.

Also, please stop it with the nonsense about "recruiting players that put a value on education". Believe you me that if they were recruited by Duke etc. they'd choose to go there. Just because a player is a 3-star recruit doesn't necessarily make them put a higher value on getting an education.

The Ohio State football program has not been effected once so far by the NCAA academic progress report. Ohio State has specific academic admissions requirements too, and if you've noticed all of their incoming recruited players have been academically cleared to play by the NCAA as Freshmen year after year since the Jim Tressel era until the present time.

Also, Decker, & Hayes were both 4-star recruits so you were very fortunate to get 3 years out of Decker, and you'll be fortunate to get 3 years out of Hayes.

Now you're right about Kentucky players, and the Kentucky BB program basically being an NBA preparation school, and the SEC academic schools are not as generally highly regarded as Big Ten schools are.

This post was edited on 2/24 7:26 AM by buki919

""""Also, please stop it with the nonsense about "recruiting players that put a value on education". Believe you me that if they were recruited by Duke etc. they'd choose to go there.""""""

That's your words not mine.

However, you're right, good students go to the best Academic environment they can find and yes, Duke is more highly regarded academically than Wisconsin, however, Wisconsin beneath the Ivy's, Standford, Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern is competitive with the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT