ADVERTISEMENT

My daddy told me Lazy people are in sales.

Johnnypurdue

Jul 13, 2013
When I graduated from college , my dad told me lazy people are in sales, people that don't want to work. Working for comm. is stupid! I think he was correct in some ways.
This post was edited on 11/9 5:44 PM by Johnnypurdue

Hah. Maybe in some areas but I used to be a car salesman in the early eighties. It was highly competitive and high pressure. You were only as good as your last pay check unless you had endured the wars for many years. Car salesmen who were liars usually didn't last for long and most dealerships didn't trust the lying salesmen and they usually didn't get repeat customers. I succeeded but I couldn't handle the lean times when the weather was bad in the winter and early spring. I had a family and I wasn't willing to make the necessary sacrifice to spend years in the business.I am now an engineer. My dad was a sales manager for some big companies in the fibreglass/plastics injection mold industry and the pay was very high if you were successful and could withstand the pressure the business entails. It takes skill, knowledge and ability and many salesmen succumbed to heart problems. A salesman at Wallmart or Best Buy is no where near the high pressure requiring talented salesmen. My dad told me salesmen were the highest paid profession in the world but few can succeed at the higher levels.

Car salesman is tough! You could work for nothing on many days. That is why I say it is not for me.

Only a smart person would say that. lololoolololololololololololololoololl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT