ADVERTISEMENT

Outperforming/Under performing football players

grangedog

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
Not much chatter going on these boards lately...So I thought I would add a topic. Here's my take on the guys who are outperforming/under performing expectations to start the year. This is not necessarily a who's good and who's bad list as is is who is playing above or below pre season expectations.

OutPerformers

1. Zack Baun. Had 3-1/2 sacks for his entire career, out of all Badgers, I think he has improved most from last year to this year
2. Quintez Cephus. At the beginning of the year, after his reinstatement I did not see Cephus as ready to contribute in a meaningful way the second he stepped on the field
3. Jonathon Taylor. Hard to outperform lofty expectations but his ability to catch out of the back field have been a big boost to play calling
4. Reggie Pearson/Eric Burrell. I think both guys have played smart, strong and fast. Scott Nelson will have a fight to get back on the field.
5. Chris Orr. He has always shown a nose for the ball, but I was not counting on his blitzing ability or big plays to be as plentiful
6. Cole Van Lanen and Logan Bruss. Other than Chase Young, I think the edges have been pass protected very well for two guys who hadn't played much.

Under Performers
1. Isaiahh Loudermilk. After watching this kid be so disruptive in a few snaps as a freshman i thought he was well on his way to the NFL. Its not like he plays terribly...i just thought at this point he'd be so much more of a force.
2. Danny Davis. like Loudermilk Davis was a big play guy early in his career. But he hasn't had the same explosiveness as I would have expected
3. Jake Ferguson. Like Loudermilk I thought Ferguson was a no brainer NFL prospect. But it seems like Ferguson is no more impactful than he was last year, and may have taken a step back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News