ADVERTISEMENT

The beginning of the PC recruiting era

joetown2001

Jul 24, 2003
So now Paul Chryst was apparently the head coach at Penn State for three years. He also just threw his best recruiter under the bus by saying that he, not Joe Rudolph was the OC for three years. This kind of awesome attention to detail is what you can get used to. Wait until he has kids ready to commit and then tells them to take all of their visits to other schools first. I like your program. Good luck in he future, you are going to need it.
10933816_10102623709991083_8325552408242188174_n.jpg

Another glimpse

Rudolph: "Coach, don't yinz think we should center the ball for the game winning field goal"?

Moose Lodge President HCPC (chomping on a block of cheddar) : chomp, chomp "Golly gee Rudy I think it'd be really neat if we ran right and short sided our FG kicker. Let's give him a real neat challenge. Neat o huh?"

Bitter fans are sad and ugly.

PC is doing a fine job here so far and we expect him to continue.Frankly many of our best players come from instate and he can recruit there fine.

If he fails, we'll let you know but I'd guess he continues with Barry-BAll and we continue to contend for the WEST division and Big Ten championship and for one of the top 10-20 spots in College football again next year.

Just a guess.

Thank you Nebraska for firing Pelini if not for you Pitt would still have the most boring coach in the nation who lost to Youngstown State and Akron who was 19-19 in three years and made us wish we had Dave Wannstedt or Walt Harris still...thank you big ten you took away Chryst and gave us Narduzzi...On Wisconsin at least he won't leave it's his dream job

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:
Poor Wisconsin, we'll win 11 more games next year, I guarantee it.
You just might win 11 more games in the very weak Big Ten West division which in turn proves very little though Lefty. Wisconsin might not even be the 5th best team in the Big Ten East. Now that's not Wisconsin fault though that they play in the much weaker overall division, but lets keep it in it's proper perspective.

You'll most likely get crushed by Alabama, and Nebraska will be your best in-conference opponent. No MSU, no Ohio State, no PSU, and no Michigan on your schedule? How do you play in the Big Ten and manage not to play any of those schools?

Why would you assume Wisconsin gets crushed by Alabama?

And the conference sets the schedule, not Wisconsin.

5th best?

Michigan is not going to be a world beater in year 1 of the Harbaugh era, PSU is still a few years away and mSu loses a lot. I see Wisconsin as 2/3 in the conference.

As for the angry PITT fans.......... you are, like your program irrelevant

The 2016 schedule could be toughest in the country.

After playing a by then veteran LSU team, we get a few easy games and then go Michigan, MSU, OSU, Iowa, Nebraska in a row without a break.

I don't think anyone at Pitt is angry at the turn of events. I think most would have liked to see Coach Chryst finish what he had started, but I think that most of us had started to see some faults with Chryst over the course of his three years at Pitt. We all grant that he had some significant headwinds to overcome in terms of lack of complete administrative support for football during his time, and most feel that he will receive much greater support at Wisconsin. However, we feel that Nebraska perpetrated the perfect storm for Pitt football by firing Pelini and starting the coaching carousel. In the process, our new Chancellor fired AD Steve Pedersen, who most considered an impediment to progress, and has ratcheted up support for the football program. None of this would have been possible if Chryst had stayed at Pitt. So good luck moving forward. I think both programs have benefited from these changes.

Recruiting is difficult.
What does Pitt have to offer that makes it a better place to play than Schools in warmer areas or schools more likely to win a National Championship?

Wisconsin has trouble recruitting too, due to Cold weather, lack of diversity in the Sate and tougher academic admissions for Football players than most.

PItt will always struggle to compete in recruiting, frankly you should have kept Wanny, he at least created some buzz.

The brilliance of BArry Alvrez is he developed a program that can pretty much compete at all but the very highest level of Competition (and sometimes there too) and uses mostly limited local talent to do it with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT