ADVERTISEMENT

The game this weekend will go a long way to show the direction

Super Badger

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Let's all be real, given the schedule, who thought we'd win one of these two games (Alabaman and USC)? I think everyone on this board thought that we had a tough schedule and we would have a barely over 500 record at the end of the year.

That said, they will have had 2 weeks to prepare and USC is coming off a loss where Michigan ran it hard down their throats. USC has a great offense, always has players, and we'll see if Tressel can get the D ready to play. I suspect they'll score between 24 and 40 points. How does the team work with Locke's "strengths" and put the offense in a place they can be successful? Can they run the ball effectively, can they run up tempo, can they pass effectively, will the receivers get separation?

If they lay an egg, it's going to be hard to see much success for the rest of the season and potentially spell a new direction needs to happen from the O OR D side of the ball. I was all in on Longo, but things just don't work like they should with him. The offense has sputtered a lot in his 18 months in the program. Hard to see if they can't move the ball he survives the week?

I'm potentially optimistic, but realistically, I'm just hoping for a competitive game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.