ADVERTISEMENT

The real Paul Chryst...from someone who watched every game

pittizit

Jul 5, 2001
..can't recruit worth a lick...has no personality...can't communicate in a public forum...is consistent with his dumb decisions..has lost to such illustrious teams like Akron,YSU and Navy...while being unprepared in countless numbers of the 19 losses he had in 3 years...surrounds himself with below average ...worn out coaches..who he likes personally but can't coach a crap...besides that he's a great guy...good luck...and remember A Wisky man is what you wanted...you got him...

As a Badger I think you're pretty close although I like Chryst a lot and as you said it, "He's a great guy". All of us at Wisconsin need to remember some things...

1) Alvarez passed Chryst over not once but twice. [/B]First time to give the job to Bielema and 2nd to give the job to GA. Barry may say, 'I didn't want to leave Pitt in a lurch by hiring their coach back after only one year' but that's B.S.

It was Alvarez' job to do what was best for UW Athletics...Not Pitt Athletics. If Alvarez thought he was better than GA he would have Chyrst away after Bielema left. And if I remember correctly (correct me if i'm wrong), Bielema had only been at UW for one year as a D-Coordinator before Alvarez tapped him as the successor while Chryst had been there for 3 or 4 years. That speaks volumes to what Alvarez thought about the capabilities of Chryst vs Bielema.

2) The 19 losses in 3 years is hard to ignore much as I'd like to. Sure, I'd like to make excuses about how he took over a mediocre team, didn't have much talent to work with etc...But I can't, Pitt is a well known program and isn't exactly stocked with much more talent now than when he got there. Recruiting wise, I just don't see this as a good thing. Although, I do consider him to be something of a QB guru.

3) Do I think Chryst is the right fit at UW. Yes, I do. How can he not be, he's a former QB and Offensive Coordinator with a lot of love for our University. But do I think he's going to lead us to Rose Bowl wins if he is hired. No, I don't.

I'll gladly listen to opposing views on this though. That being said, Bob Bostad (Current coach of Tennessee Titans O-line) is my #1 pick for UW coach.

Uwalumni, I didn't know Chryst was passed up twice which is a good indication of Alvarez feelings. I can see that Chryst isn't a great recruiter base on Pittsburgh recruits in the last few years similar to our coach Flood. I think Anderson just didn't like someone over his shoulder commenting on his decisions. Alvarez appears to have more input in the football program than other AD and just needs someone to follow orders.

Most Pitt fans do not really care that he's leaving, except for the fact that we've had so many changes in the past 5 years. He has not proven to be a good recruiter or coach at Pitt, but we were willing to give him another year at least. I suspect that his seat wouldve been hot with another 6-6 year next year.

You can't be a great recruiter if you don't recruit nationally, seems like Chryst just recruited the NE and Wisconsin.

Wow, sounds a lot like his former boss / mentor, Mike Riley. Mike is a great guy and runs a clean program, but is loyal to a fault, unwilling to change with the times. So glad Nebraska got us out of a 12 million dollar buyout.

If we hold on to Coaches, Busch, Beaty, Aranda , Strickland and he brings along Rudolph and House, recruiting will be fine in spite of him.

Bush brought in 4 recruits from Texas and Beaty/Brown are doing it in Georgia/NC/Virginia and Rudolph/house can give us Penn/Ohio and along with Wisconsin and the border States like Illinos, we should be fine.

C'mon Pittzit,

Let them enjoy their hire! UW is going to be a better fit for PC and those fans didn't do a thing to us. Go Badgers, good luck gang.

For those who enjoy drinking games, I suggest for the press conference tonight, you do a shot everytime Chryst says "umm" or "ya know". I doubt you will make it to the end of the press conference. Should be a favorite game among the college crowd. I will miss him, though. Our offense was really starting to click the second half of the year. Hopefully for your sake, he brings in a new defensive staff.

Originally posted by Ray-Ray:
For those who enjoy drinking games, I suggest for the press conference tonight, you do a shot everytime Chryst says "umm" or "ya know". I doubt you will make it to the end of the press conference. Should be a favorite game among the college crowd. I will miss him, though. Our offense was really starting to click the second half of the year. Hopefully for your sake, he brings in a new defensive staff.
As long as he isn't in speech class or running for political office, we should be fine with his speech patterns.

Paul Chryst appreciated college football too much to be stuck at a program like Pitt, coaching in front of crowds of 15,000 fans who still think this is 1976. Good luck to coach Chryst and The Badgers...we will see you in The Big Ten Championship game soon.

We are...Penn State

This post was edited on 12/17 10:21 PM by PrideofPA

Originally posted by PrideofPA:
Paul Chryst appreciated college football too much to be stuck at a program like Pitt, coaching in front of crowds of 15,000 fans who still think this is 1976. Good luck to coach Chryst and The Badgers...we will see you in The Big Ten Championship game soon.

We are...Penn State

This post was edited on 12/17 10:21 PM by PrideofPA
You cheer for and support a team and university that enables pedophiles. No one values your opinion.

As for the OP, no one values his opinion either, although he is merely a forum troll. Coach Chryst is a good football coach and a seemingly overall good person. You made a good hire.

This post was edited on 12/18 2:55 AM by ZekeGadsonFan

Pitt fans I look forward to 2016. Compare our recruiting classes and you'll see why. Chryst is done in the little league ACC...move along this is the BIG kids table where people show up to watch games.

Is it lunchtime or recess for you? By the way,you do know that----

your tailback this year(Belton) was a Pitt recruit before Wanny left--he started for you--but would have been 4th on Pitt's TB depth. But,thanks for 2016--it will be nice to beat Jerry U. with Paul Chryst's recruits.

Pitt went 0-2 vs. Michigan State recently, 1-3 vs. Iowa, and wasn't good enough to play a Big Ten team in a Bowl this year. They weren't even considered during the latest round of expansion. You all will have a good year next year but after Conner and Boyd leave it's back to 6-6 or less. There is no talent on defense...it is MAC level at best. When your starting defensive end is a 2 star from Upper St. Clair with epilepsy and no other offers then I'm not even sure they could sack Hackenberg this year lol.

ACC you later. Chryst is in a better place, they actually win conference championships at Wisconsin and Penn State.

A Pedo Enabler on the Wisconsin board - nobody here wants to rape little boys so you're in the wrong spot.

Badger Fan's, you got a good coach coming home...The so-called Pitt troll's that came here gloat are talking out of their ass. PC recruited 2 players that are legit All American's as Soph's. the O-Line is solid w/ future All ACC players. I mean the guy had 2 official recruiting classes( his first was when he got to Pitt in Janaury) so to say he could not recruit tell's you all you need to know. Their only bitch is that PC did not win NOW...which we all knew would be a longterm approach. They are not fan's ...they are children that want what they want when they want it.
PC will only get better w/ time...you got a good man.

Hail to PITT !!!

Originally posted by pittizit:
..can't recruit worth a lick...has no personality...can't communicate in a public forum...is consistent with his dumb decisions..has lost to such illustrious teams like Akron,YSU and Navy...while being unprepared in countless numbers of the 19 losses he had in 3 years...surrounds himself with below average ...worn out coaches..who he likes personally but can't coach a crap...besides that he's a great guy...good luck...and remember A Wisky man is what you wanted...you got him...
Please Dear God, you did not do this.

My apologies to this board.

Originally posted by ksquared33:

Badger Fan's, you got a good coach coming home...The so-called Pitt troll's that came here gloat are talking out of their ass. PC recruited 2 players that are legit All American's as Soph's. the O-Line is solid w/ future All ACC players. I mean the guy had 2 official recruiting classes( his first was when he got to Pitt in Janaury) so to say he could not recruit tell's you all you need to know. Their only bitch is that PC did not win NOW...which we all knew would be a longterm approach. They are not fan's ...they are children that want what they want when they want it.
PC will only get better w/ time...you got a good man.

Hail to PITT !!!
He also whiffed on a number of high end WPIAL defensive prospects... Nicholson to MSU, Henry (from a major Pitt pipeline) to WVU, Winovich to Michigan... you obviously can't win em all but asking for ONE of those sort of guys from our backyard certainly isn't too much to ask. I like Coach Chryst and I think his style of offense is one where you don't need to be ranking in the top 5 or 10 of the recruiting rankings to have success, but Wiscy fans better hope he gets a recruiter on the other side of the ball.

Two things I would be prepared for: He's not going to win any press conferences and he is an average to below average recruiter.

What you Pitt fans fail to comprehend is that we know Coach Chryst well from when he was OC here. Barry should have just taken him back when BB left. Instead, he played fair. Andersen left for Juco's University because the pressure on him was too great. Wisconsin got the coach they wanted originally. Chryst is back where he always wanted to be. So all us well at Wisconsin. You Pitt fans should go suck eggs. We're just fine.

I like Chryst. I thought he did an ok job. The only thing I would worry about is the dead weight is bringing with him. House and Inoke are just terrible hires. Cant recruit and they players they coach regress. I do like Rudolph though. Objectively he is not as bad as some people will make him out to be. He did inherit a mess and the program overall I would say is better than when he got there. On the other hand he is not the God Ksquared makes him out to me. He literally would make love to the man if possible. The truth is probably closer to the middle

As a diehart PItt fan, I was sorry to see PC go. He did have trouble with some fine points of game day coaching, but his players loved him. However, he had some very poor coaches and especially on defense it showed. He is solid but at times seemed awkward in his game day decisions. I liked him and wish him well. He was not an aggressive recruiter but told it like it is...if you like our system and coaches please come here. I did not like the first pitt post above

Aranda is a top DC, Hope we keep Busch to, the DC sets the trends, if he's good the position COaches just fall in line.

I do think HCPC is the right fit for Wisky given the assistants around him. He was on a shoe string budget here at Pitt and ironically it took him leaving for our school to significantly increasing the staff budget. win win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT