ADVERTISEMENT

W hen will you folks start to talk football? I don't men flame.

Bill_D

Jun 26, 2001
Most LSU folks have a few questions and comments. I can't promise you some jackass will not show up but most of us just "discuss".

LSU will have a very good team, probably our best since 2012 or 2011. You will get to see a remarkable player in Fournette. I hope your coaches don't devote everything to stop him. He is amazing to watch in downfield one on one confrontations.

Your ex coach Aranda has installed a totally different defense. LSU will run the Aranda 3-4 "Chaos" D. Since it is supposed to cause chaos in the blocking assignments that is what a few us have named it. What we mostly hope is the wholesale change don't cause chaos in our D since it is totally new to our players.

Most of us LSU fans know little or nothing about the Wisconsin team or Madison or Green Bay or Lambeau. I am sure some of our fans have questions about that. LSU has sold all of its tickets I understand so there will be a lot of us there.

You can go to the Rutgers board, Its very active and posters from a lot of big ten schools post there. (And a few from the SEC still hang around from when Rutgers played Arkansas).

Most LSU folks have a few questions and comments. I can't promise you some jackass will not show up but most of us just "discuss".

LSU will have a very good team, probably our best since 2012 or 2011. You will get to see a remarkable player in Fournette. I hope your coaches don't devote everything to stop him. He is amazing to watch in downfield one on one confrontations.

Your ex coach Aranda has installed a totally different defense. LSU will run the Aranda 3-4 "Chaos" D. Since it is supposed to cause chaos in the blocking assignments that is what a few us have named it. What we mostly hope is the wholesale change don't cause chaos in our D since it is totally new to our players.

Most of us LSU fans know little or nothing about the Wisconsin team or Madison or Green Bay or Lambeau. I am sure some of our fans have questions about that. LSU has sold all of its tickets I understand so there will be a lot of us there.

Badgers are still finding themselves, still building to return to playing Barry Ball, after Gary Andersen went off in a different direction.
The constant changes in HC's, Coordinators and Assistants over a 4 year period, hurt the depth tremendously, as we lost many recruits each time a staff left.
We consider ourselves OL U but last year we played 4 RS Frosh on the OL, in many games.
We'll be better next season and the season thereafter but could give you a game this year also if everything falls into place.
We need Justin Wilcox to show he can replace Aranda, we need Jim Leonhard to use his brilliance as a communicator and future HCoach to help the DBacks and we need Bart Houston to emerge as a solid QB who can move the ball downfield when Corey Clement (RB) and company are stopped or slowed down.
The kicking game should be solid and we should be fine on Specials.
If the OL has matured and the 5th year QB steps up, (he has a canon for an arm) we should be fine though safety is a question mark in terms of athleticism with both Caputo and McAvoy now in NFL camps.
Additionally, though he can catch the ball, Fumagali the TE is below our recent TE's in athleticism but he does have a propensity for getting open and catching it.
Linebacker should be a strength, though we've already lost our best ILB Edwards for the first 1-3 games.
I'm also concerned with Tindal at CB but he does have the ability to step up and fool me.
I don't think this team knows what it is yet but there is some talent and some experience.
Vince Biegel and TJ Watt (JJ's younger brother) should make a terrific pass rush combo as OLB'S and we're cautiously optimistic Olivie Sagaplou is a future big time NT who showed some signs as a true Frosh in the middle.
The DEs are solid, not huge playmakers, I have hopes that WSDE RS JR Alec James 6'4 262 will finally breakout this season and become the playmaker everyone thought he would be, though Chikwe Obiasih (an average player) seems to be still holding him off at the position.
Another interesting player is former Walk-on Jack Cichy on the ILB , he was defensive player of the game against USC in the Bowl game, (he had three consecutive sacks on three consecutive plays) and he's been moved inside, where he's very quick but somewhat undersized IMO.
If it falls into place and Chryst and staff come up big, we can actually win the game, the pieces are there and we have much more speed on offense than last year.
Who knows?

Last edited:
Badgers are still finding themselves, still building to return to playing Barry Ball, after Gary Andersen went off in a different direction.
The constant changes in HC's, Coordinators and Assistants over a 4 year period, hurt the depth tremendously, as we lost many recruits each time a staff left.
We consider ourselves OL U but last year we played 4 RS Frosh on the OL, in many games.
We'll be better next season and the season thereafter but could give you a game this year also if everything falls into place.
We need Justin Wilcox to show he can replace Aranda, we need Jim Leonhard to use his brilliance as a communicator and future HCoach to help the DBacks and we need Bart Houston to emerge as a solid QB who can move the ball downfield when Corey Clement (RB) and company are stopped or slowed down.
The kicking game should be solid and we should be fine on Specials.
If the OL has matured and the 5th year QB steps up, (he has a canon for an arm) we should be fine though safety is a question mark in terms of athleticism with both Caputo and McAvoy now in NFL camps.
Additionally, though he can catch the ball, Fumagali the TE is below our recent TE's in athleticism but he does have a propensity for getting open and catching it.
Linebacker should be a strength, though we've already lost our best ILB Edwards for the first 1-3 games.
I'm also concerned with Tindal at CB but he does have the ability to step up and fool me.
I don't think this team knows what it is yet but there is some talent and some experience.
Vince Biegel and TJ Watt (JJ's younger brother) should make a terrific pass rush combo as OLB'S and we're cautiously optimistic Olivie Sagaplou is a future big time NT who showed some signs as a true Frosh in the middle.
The DEs are solid, not huge playmakers, I have hopes that WSDE RS JR Alec James 6'4 262 will finally breakout this season and become the playmaker everyone thought he would be, though Chikwe Obiasih (an average player) seems to be still holding him off at the position.
Another interesting player is former Walk-on Jack Cichy on the ILB , he was defensive player of the game against USC in the Bowl game, (he had three consecutive sacks on three consecutive plays) and he's been moved inside, where he's very quick but somewhat undersized IMO.
If it falls into place and Chryst and staff come up big, we can actually win the game, the pieces are there and we have much more speed on offense than last year.
Who knows?
Thanks for the great info. How do you guys feel about Aranda leaving and facing him the first game? You can't be too happy about that. IMO Chryst will be an excellent coach for Wisconsin when everything gets settled down.

Speaking of NT our first year NT Valentine is supposed to be something else. This is actually his 3rd year but academic problems kept him off the field. He even went to JUCO for a while. He was like a lot of kids who mature a little when they get to about 21. The people who are privy to the practices say he will play on Sundays. Of course you will see Fournette. He is extra special. I hope the weather is good and everyone has a great time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT