ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wisky win

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
the next B10 championship? Good luck from the

CHAMPS001_zps6db155a3.jpg

Gunny, the Ru board is full of hype about Wisc changing from a big d line to a small fast line. They might be a little smaller and maybe even a little faster this yr but is it a new format. As a Wolverine and prob speaking for a lot of others, I would love to see Wisc turning away from all the big lineman that is grown in the dairy state. Any facts on this hype?

Candid, as you know the most important first step in recruiting is sign the best talent within your own state. Wisconsin is and will continue to produce big lineman, we have enough dairy and meats to feed third world countries.

Barry, came in and build the ideal teams around the states resources, big linemen and recruited outside the state for hands and speed. Anderson is following that strategy on the O line. The defense has changed to 3-4 with focus on strong NT and balance of size and speed on the line.

Making those two points, my answer to your question is "NO" the program will not stop recruiting the big bodies. In fact after Russell Wilson showing what a dual threat QB can do behind a big OLine the future is set on the OLine.

The state over the years produces less talented Big DLine, so again if the talent is their regardless of size it will be recruited. It's the old saying "game plan around the talent you have" Expect to see WI focus on signing talented big lineman form the state.

Well not having Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, and PSU on your Big Ten schedule will certainly help your chances. How do you play in the Big Ten and not have to play any of those teams?

After the LSU game your schedule is about as easy as it gets (IMO). If you could beat a banged up Nebraska team who just lost 3 starters this past week, and Iowa you'll be playing in the Big Ten Champ. Game.

Originally posted by buki919:
Well not having Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, and PSU on your Big Ten schedule will certainly help your chances. How do you play in the Big Ten and not have to play any of those teams?

After the LSU game your schedule is about as easy as it gets (IMO). If you could beat a banged up Nebraska team who just lost 3 starters this past week, and Iowa you'll be playing in the Big Ten Champ. Game.
It makes me SICK that Wisconsin isn't playing Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, or Penn State. I don't understand how you leave those teams off of Wisconsin's schedule. In my opinion, Ohio State/Wisconsin has been the best Big Ten rivalry during the past 10 years. And Michigan State/Wisconsin is a great rivalry. It makes me sad

ADVERTISEMENT