ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin blows it!

Johnnypurdue

Jul 13, 2013
How could you lose to a team with 10 defeats? You missed a free throw and you last shot wide open for two! You gave them a three and they buried it and they buried you!! You are a huge disappointment to the Big Ten! If you could not have the talent to win, then you should have given the game to Arizona! Now you can go plow the fields in cheese land!

This post was edited on 4/5 10:47 PM by Johnnypurdue

This post was edited on 4/5 10:49 PM by Johnnypurdue

We have a bad year now and then. It is good to get away from it for a short while. They will be back! They have more wins over Big Ten teams and titles then any Big Ten School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post was edited on 4/5 10:51 PM by Johnnypurdue

Originally posted by Johnnypurdue:

We have a bad year now and then. It is good to get away from it for a short while. They will be back! They have more wins over Big Ten teams and titles then any Big Ten School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 4/5 10:51 PM by Johnnypurdue
every now and then........if you say so

Can we have johnnypurdon't banned please, he's the classic troll and an idiot to boot.

How one can talk sh*t about a team that easily could be playing for the Title is beyond me.

How could you lose to a team with 10 defeats? You missed a free throw and you last shot wide open for two! You gave them a three and they buried it and they buried you!! You are a huge disappointment to the Big Ten! If you could not have the talent to win, then you should have given the game to Arizona! Now you can go plow the fields in cheese land!

Lets be fair here. Wisconsin couldn't have played better, and still lost to five Freshmen. Wisconsin was the higher seed, they had the experience, they had the big foul shooting advantage etc. Can you imagine if Kentucky players stayed in college as long as Wisconsin's does. If schools such as Kentucky, tOSU, Kansas, UNC, Duke, Arizona, Ucla etc. all kept their best players in college as long as you do you wouldn't have had this chance (imho).

Wisconsin was handed a great seed & bracket draw in this tournament without winning either the Big Ten regular season Championship or Big Ten Tournament, plus both MSU & Florida lost making their odds even better.

D-1-A basketball has become watered down now due to the best players leaving early to the NBA.

Sam Dekker & Frank Kaminsky should head off to the NBA now, and I think they will be ill advised to come back.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:28 PM by buki919

Originally posted by buki919:

Lets be fair here. Wisconsin couldn't have played better, and still lost to five Freshmen. Wisconsin was the higher seed, they had the experience, they had the big foul shooting advantage etc. Can you imagine if Kentucky players stayed in college as long as Wisconsin's does. If schools such as Kentucky, tOSU, Kansas, UNC, Duke, Arizona, Ucla etc. all kept their best players in college as long as you do you wouldn't have had this chance (imho).

D-1-A basketball has become watered down now due to the best players leaving early to the NBA.

Sam Dekker & Frank Kaminsky should head off to the NBA now, and I think they will be ill advised to come back.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:26 PM by buki919
pretty much dead on on all accounts

Wisconsin was handed a great seed & bracket draw in this tournament without winning either the Big Ten regular season Championship or Big Ten Tournament, plus both MSU & Florida lost making their odds even better.

You're another idiot.

Everyone except Brust is back next year and Koenig will be manning the point.

If John Wooden/Ucla played & coached today, then Wooden/Ucla would have been able to dominate like they did years ago.

The new rules allowing players to leave school after one year etc. has given the Wisconsin's, Wichita State, San Diego State, Gonzaga's etc. an equal chance to UNC, Kentucky, etc., otherwise they'd have NO chance.

Originally posted by tippiwoo:
You forgot to mention Dayton...... the best team in Ohio
Yes and Dayton too. They're another one. All of those above listed school now benefit longer term from their initial recruiting disadvantages that later become their long term advantage as silly as that sounds. Nobody fooling me. D-1-A has become watered down now.

Wisconsin has no excuses tonight.

Dekker & Kaminsky should both declare tomorrow/ASAP now like everybody else stars do. You should be thankful that you even got three years out of Kaminsky.

If John Wooden/Ucla played & coached today, then Wooden/Ucla would have been able to dominate like they did years ago.

The new rules allowing players to leave school after one year etc. has given the Wisconsin's, Wichita State, San Diego State, Gonzaga's etc. an equal chance to UNC, Kentucky, etc., otherwise they'd have NO chance.
Excuse me if I'd rather root for students instead of mercenaries.

I'd much rather lose by 1 with our team.

Originally posted by LeftyLarry:

Stop!

Kaminsky & Dekker will make millions next year in the NBA, and risk all of tha with a possible career ending injury if they return. You can always go back to college later on in your life, but you only have a small time-line to make millions of dollars in your pro career.

You lost to (7) true-Freshmen who were all playing H.S. basketball last year (no excuses). You had almost every immediate advantage, and went 20-21 at the Free Throw line, had the 3-point advantage in the game, had the experience, you were the much higher seed etc.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:50 PM by buki919

I'm failing to see your point? They had a player hit a 3 pointer from the parking lot, we had an opportunity to win it at the end and it fell short, yet you say we blew?

Blowing it was losing in the first round to Dayton, not losing in the Final Four to the pre-season #1 team in the country.

Stop!

Kaminsky & Dekker will make millions next year in the NBA, and risk all of tha with a possible career ending injury if they return. You can always go back to college later on in your life, but you only have a small time-line to make millions of dollars in your pro career.

You lost to (7) true-Freshmen who were all playing H.S. basketball last year (no excuses). You had almost every immediate advantage, and went 20-21 at the Free Throw line, had the 3-point advantage in the game, had the experience etc.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:48 PM by buki919
Everyone else lost to those 5 star freshman too and they may win the NC.

Dekker can't shoot a lick and won't get drafted in the first rd, he's also too skinny and Frank needs to get stronger and quicker and nows it too.
Everyone except Brust will be back to kick your sorry arses next season.

Not blaming the refs but they just ran our guys over and they just weren't going to call a charge. Big advantage for them.
This post was edited on 4/5 11:53 PM by LeftyLarry

You might want to check out your graduation rate before you call others mercanaries.

From a cat fan. I have a new appreciation this week for your team and coach. I appreciate your players and your coach. I would have been ok if we would have lost, because your earned the right to win as well. Your freshman point guard is going to be a great player. I will root for your team now on since I understand you and your history. Good work tonight!

Stop!

You lost to (7) true-Freshmen who were all playing H.S. basketball last year (no excuses). You had almost every immediate advantage, and went 20-21 at the Free Throw line, had the 3-point advantage in the game, had the experience etc.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:48 PM by buki919
Everyone else lost to those 5 star freshman too and they may win the NC.

Dekker can't shoot a lick and won't get drafted in the first rd, he's also too skinny and Frank needs to get stronger and quicker and nows it too.
Everyone except Brust will be back to kick your sorry arses next season.

Not blaming the refs but they just ran our guys over and they just weren't going to call a charge. Big advantage for them.
This post was edited on 4/5 11:53 PM by LeftyLarry
Yeah ok go ahead now and knock your own players Lefty. I and the NBA have a much higher opinion then you do of Dekker. If Ross from Ohio State etc. etc. was good enough to turn pro after his Sophomore season then so is Dekker. Don't be selfish. What if you had the same opportunity to make millions? Would you risk all of it by coming back?

Kaminsky improved his NBA draft stock immensely in this tournament. He can shoot from the outside, he can take it to the basket, he's 7 feet tall, he's a great foul shooter. Dekker has all the tools too.

[Q]: How good would Wisconsin be next season if both of them leave? Then you'll know what I'm talking about, or how it feels to be Kentucky, UNC, Duke etc. etc.

It will definitely severely hurt your odds of being as successful if even one of them leaves, especially Kaminsky.

This post was edited on 4/6 12:19 AM by buki919

Would you like to make a little wager as to whether or not Dekker my favorite player is back or not?

No rush for him and he knows it too.

More likely Frank could leave but I doubt it, he's having too much fun.

Would you like to make a little wager as to whether or not Dekker my favorite player is back or not?

No rush for him and he knows it too.

More likely Frank could leave but I doubt it, he's having too much fun.
No wager

It's Wisconsin so Dekker might come back again, but Kaminsky is obviously ready for the next level. All I know is that you guys wouldn't a chance in Heaven if other schools kept their best players as long as you do.

Kaminsky will have a lot more fun making millions of dollars in the NBA.
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Hey I'm all for staying in college, but 99.9% of the best players don't stay longer then they have to anymore. I'm against leaving because it's ruining the game (it's becoming watered down), but I could understand it.

This post was edited on 4/6 12:26 AM by buki919

buki919Reply4/5 11:33 PM
Re: Wisconsin blows it!

4/5 11:33 PM | IP: Logged

I understand the question you asked but you're wrong on the facts slightly. Although the rules have changed it wasn't like you said it. In the past players could leave whenever they like just like today. Except the new rule is to keep players from entering the nba straight out of high school. It's a nba rule that is creating all these one and dones and also times have changed. Kids are impatient these days and when they see after their first year they are top ten on the draft board they jump at the opportunity to declare. I can't say I blame them either.

What I'm saying is these kids have to go to college for at least one year because of a NBA rule. Which means they have to play at college somewhere. It's just the way the game is now.

What gets me is these schools that don't get one and dones always bash them. When in fact if they changed it the 2 years it would hurt these small programs. Imagine if all 6 of our freshman had to come back next year???? But instead we are going to start over fresh and hope cal has this team playing as one unit by March again next year. He didn't do it last year. Could you imagine if Anthony Davis and all those freshman came back for last years team. We probably would of won it all again last year too. What I'm saying is all these old school people want the rule to change because it will "help" college basketball. Yeah it would help the teams who traditionally recruit all these top tier athletes but it would in fact hurt the smaller non tradition teams.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The rule says one year removed from high school which allows for college or professional overseas. Anthony Davis was 2012. It was Nerlens Noel last year. I was very impressed with a very disciplined and well coached Badger team. It's a shame anyone had to lose this game. If UCLA hadn't had Sam Gilbert funneling money to the players (to the point that one all-American stated he couldn't afford the pay cut to go to the NBA), they wouldn't have had their mythical "dynasty".
Originally posted by WildcatAttack:
buki919Reply4/5 11:33 PM
Re: Wisconsin blows it!

4/5 11:33 PM | IP: Logged

I understand the question you asked but you're wrong on the facts slightly. Although the rules have changed it wasn't like you said it. In the past players could leave whenever they like just like today. Except the new rule is to keep players from entering the nba straight out of high school. It's a nba rule that is creating all these one and dones and also times have changed. Kids are impatient these days and when they see after their first year they are top ten on the draft board they jump at the opportunity to declare. I can't say I blame them either.

What I'm saying is these kids have to go to college for at least one year because of a NBA rule. Which means they have to play at college somewhere. It's just the way the game is now.

What gets me is these schools that don't get one and dones always bash them. When in fact if they changed it the 2 years it would hurt these small programs. Imagine if all 6 of our freshman had to come back next year???? But instead we are going to start over fresh and hope cal has this team playing as one unit by March again next year. He didn't do it last year. Could you imagine if Anthony Davis and all those freshman came back for last years team. We probably would of won it all again last year too. What I'm saying is all these old school people want the rule to change because it will "help" college basketball. Yeah it would help the teams who traditionally recruit all these top tier athletes but it would in fact hurt the smaller non tradition teams.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Buki is the single worst poster on Rivals or Scout probably. He's obsessed with Wisconsin, incessantly giving them blatant backhanded compliments, like in this thread where he says the Badgers couldn't have played better.....and still lost to a team playing 5 freshman. No, they couldn't have played better. They couldn't have made that final clean look to win. Or not been careless with the basketball in the 2nd half. Or boxed out. Or hit several bunnies that they missed. They hit their absolute ceiling in a 1-point loss against in the final four. They couldn't have possibly went any higher, a national championship isn't even in the realm of possibility. GTFO out you intellectually dishonest, insecure prick. Get a life and get over it that we beat you a few times 10 years ago in football. What a great reason to be obsessed with a team for 10 years. You must have a great life.

Originally posted by martycat1:

You might want to check out your graduation rate before you call others mercanaries.
This says all you need to know about the collective intelligence of the fans of Toothless U.

Originally posted by bernman23:
Buki is the single worst poster on Rivals or Scout probably. He's obsessed with Wisconsin, incessantly giving them blatant backhanded compliments, like in this thread where he says the Badgers couldn't have played better.....and still lost to a team playing 5 freshman. No, they couldn't have played better. They couldn't have made that final clean look to win. Or not been careless with the basketball in the 2nd half. Or boxed out. Or hit several bunnies that they missed. They hit their absolute ceiling in a 1-point loss against in the final four. They couldn't have possibly went any higher, a national championship isn't even in the realm of possibility. GTFO out you intellectually dishonest, insecure prick. Get a life and get over it that we beat you a few times 10 years ago in football. What a great reason to be obsessed with a team for 10 years. You must have a great life.
That just about sums up my feelings. And now he thinks Dekker should leave after disappearing in numerous games this year and Kaminsky should have been gone last year after averaging four points.

UW could have played a lot better. Their defense was not good. Offense was average.

...an Ohio State fan talking about basketball is like a nun talking about the Top 10 pornos of all time. Neither of the 2 must watch what they're trying to talk about....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT