ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Wisconsin vs. South Dakota Postgame Quotes - Bob Nielson

Jon McNamara

Administrator
Nov 14, 2006
Wisconsin
Please find quotes from South Dakota head coach Bob Nielson after Wisconsin’s 27-13 win over South Dakota on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2024 at Camp Randall Stadium.

Wisconsin vs. South Dakota Postgame Quotes
Bob Nielson
South Dakota Head Coach

What was said to the team at halftime to spark the comeback and cut it to a four-point game

“We just talked about that we played competitive football, and we knew we had put points on board. We needed to drive ball, get ball in the end zone, and get stops defensively were going to be a priority [in the second half].”

“We'd show that we can stop them. And, you know, we did that in [their] opening drive of the second half. You got to take advantage of every opportunity. We had the opportunity [in the third quarter] with the muffed punt and a short field. And, you know, we had to settle for a field goal.”

“We left a lot of we left points on the board there [in the second half]. And against a team like [Wisconsin], you can't leave points on the board. They wore us, they leaned on us a little bit. We had one drive with the three penalties, and they did a good job of scoring there late in the game to make it a two-score game.”

Comments on how Keyondray Jones-Logan’s (#7) 35-yd touchdown sparked the team

“At the time, it was a big play. We had actually moved the ball really well on the ground that drive and I thought we made some good adjustments at halftime in the run game.”

“You know, the problem is after that first drive then was, we didn't move the ball with any consistency in the second half [after that first drive]. And we needed to do that. We went three and out, I think, three consecutive drives and you just can't do that against that kind of team. They're eventually going to find a way to put points on the board.”

The positives from this game heading into Portland State (next week) and the rest of the season

“I thought our guys played really competitively. I think we executed and did some things really well at the same time. You know, kind of keep getting better [mentality]; certainly a lot of improvement from last week [against Northern State (S.D.)], but we got a lot of things that we can work on again this week.”

Reactions: ktownhenny
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.