ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Wodajo hired as director of recruiting and scouting

Jon McNamara

Administrator
Nov 14, 2006
Wisconsin
MADISON, Wis. — Isaac Wodajo has been hired as director of recruiting and scouting for the Wisconsin men's basketball program, as announced by head coach Greg Gard on Wednesday.

Wodajo joins Wisconsin after most recently serving as special assistant to the head coach at Northern Kentucky on the staff of Darrin Horn. He helped the head coach in all areas of the program, including recruiting, scouting and player development.

At Wisconsin, Wodajo will direct recruiting oversight, scouting, on-campus visits, and recruit evaluation, while also assisting Gard and the coaching staff.

"We are excited to welcome Isaac Wodajo to our staff, and having him in this position makes Wisconsin basketball stronger," Gard said. "Since the offseason began, I have worked to evaluate the changes in college athletics while making sure that the makeup of our staff best fits the various needs of our program. Isaac has a standout work ethic and he has gained invaluable experience at a variety of schools in a number of areas of the game – coaching, operations, scouting, and recruiting – making him an excellent fit for our program. I've watched Isaac grow in the profession from afar and have been impressed with his rise and the steps he's taken in his career thus far. Isaac understands what has made Wisconsin successful both on and off the court and will help us continue to compete at a championship level."

During the 2022-23 season, Wodajo served as head coach at Division I JUCO, Wabash Valley College, at the age of 30 years old. His team ended the season with wins in seven of their last nine games, including a victory over No. 10 nationally-ranked Vincennes University, en route to a 17-13 record overall.

Prior to his time leading the Warrior program, Wodajo was an assistant coach for three seasons at Wabash Valley, where the team achieved 70 total wins in four seasons at the JUCO level (three full seasons and one shortened season due to the COVID-19 pandemic). During his tenure, he recruited and coached eight NCAA Division I signees and assisted in the development of nine players who were selected as All-Region and All-Conference student-athletes. As an assistant, Wodajo served as the program's offensive coordinator and lead scout for every opponent.

"I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to join Coach Gard and his elite staff at Wisconsin," Wodajo said. "Growing up in Milwaukee, I have developed great respect for Wisconsin basketball while watching this program consistently compete for Big Ten championships and play in the NCAA tournament, all while developing standout student-athletes.

"I look forward to helping build on the foundation and success established over the years by the many great Badger athletes and standout coaches, which has been carried on by Coach Gard. In addition to this successful basketball program, Wisconsin is a world-class university in an unrivaled location with tremendous support and tradition. I am very excited to get to Madison and get to work with this team."

Wodajo worked as a graduate assistant for two seasons at the University of Texas under head coach Shaka Smart from 2017-19.

Having a hand in player development, Wodajo worked with two NBA Draft lottery picks at Texas in Mo Bamba and Jaxson Hayes, as well as seven players that earned Big 12 All-Conference honors. Wodajo also coached 2022 ACC Player of the Year, Alandoes Williams (Wake Forest), and three other NCAA Division I signees while serving as varsity assistant coach at Milwaukee Riverside High School, where he began his coaching career in 2016.

A native of Milwaukee, Wodajo earned his Master of Education at the University of Texas in 2019 and his Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 2015.

Reactions: McBadger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News