ADVERTISEMENT

“Saving” certain plays

Chris441

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2011
Something we’ve talked about in the past, but it came up on the mike Lucas show today. watching the Minnesota game, we see how dynamic our offense can be, even against good teams. Andy baggot was asked why it seems like our offense earlier in the year was more predictable and not as dynamic. His answers made sense, it’s a combo of using plays that we think will work against certain teams, and also that we don’t want to “show everything” to better teams.
It seems like we are notorious for playing a dud game against an inferior opponent the past couple years. It even seems like we play this generic Wisconsin “run up the middle” type game plan against teams like northwestern who typically play us well.
when an inferior team plays a good game against us and we are playing a style that is designed to pick up first downs and run the clock, it sometimes backfires because we aren’t putting up enough points! It leaves the door open to get upset.
Do you guys agree with me that we should stop this? I think we need to stop worrying about “showing our cards,” and worry about putting points on the board. If we get up big, THEN we can run clock and run up the middle.
I think most of us were ready to pull our hair out, fire the OC, fire Chryst due to the fact that we have all of these weapons on offense and we don’t utilize them in every game. Then against Minnesota, Chryst and or Rudolph seem like the most creative coaches in the country!
i say from here on out we lay it all on the table in each and every game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News