ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Earlybird Predictions

Dale Baeten

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Below are the current records before the Conference Championship game and any possible bowl games. Overall 5 teams with records below .500 and 6 teams above .500 and one at .500

Predicted wins in bold
  • September 2: vs. Buffalo (5-6) This should be a win if not we are going to have a lot of issues all year long.
  • September 9: @ Washington State (7-5) Revenge game but if our defense isn't ready for the shifty Ward after a year of Power 5 ball we could end up on the short end of the stick. I still like our chances assuming we have the returning talent etc.
  • September 16: vs. Georgia Southern (6-6) Should win
  • September 23: @ Purdue (8-4) We owned Purdue this year but I don't like the fact we are playing them early before they get beat up some and the weather gets colder to possibly affect the passing game. Assuming we don't lose some of our key players to the transfer portal I still see us having their number on the defense side of the ball.
  • September 30: BYE WEEK
  • October 7: vs. Rutgers (4-8) Should win even though it is Schiano's 4th year. Home game protect the ball we win
  • October 14: vs. Iowa (7-5) Toss up game in Madison. They play Penn St. MSU and Purdue the previous 3 games so hopefully a little beat up
  • October 21: @ Illinois (8-4) Illinois only plays Penn St in the cross over game, we are going to ruin their season in a must win for the Big Ten West standings based on Illinois easy schedule. Plus we owe Bert.
  • October 28: vs. Ohio State (11-1) Halloween weekend so hoping some magic here but until we see the team play it is too much for me say we are going to beat Ohio State. Although with Stroud being gone QB play could help level the playing field if a step down. Plus Fickell will want to beat big brother. Lets hope for a night game and some magic in the air.
  • November 4: @ Indiana (4-8) Indiana plays Michigan and Penn St in 2 of the 3 previous weeks. If we can't win this game then my other predictions will be way off.
  • November 11: vs. Northwestern (1-11) This game is at home so don't have to worry about the weird crap that usually happens to us in Evanston
  • November 18: vs. Nebraska (4-8) This game worries me a little bit now with Rhule at Coach. They will be almost be all the way through the season and their defense has to be better than they have been against us the last decade. This is a home game so giving us the edge here.
  • November 25: @ Minnesota (8-4) Rivalry game and Revenge!
Yes a lot of optimism without knowing what our roster looks like yet with my 11-1 prediction

In reality Washington State, Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, and Nebraska are toss up games. Lets hope Fickell does a better job of coaching and we get some diamonds in the transfer portal and improved play at QB!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News