ADVERTISEMENT

A few thoughts

grangedog

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
1. It seems like I am in agreement with most here that McIntosh picked the right guy in Fickell, but in hindsight where I think he made a mistake was in firing Chryst in the midseason. It disrupted recruiting, it allowed for the alleged poaching of Badger players, it created discontent amongst the current team, and it created ill will between CM and Jim Leonhard. Chryst needed to go, but letting him go in October vs November created a shitstorm that may take a long while to calm down.

2. Even with Fickell hired something seems off. Graham Mertz transfers, Jim Leonhard leaves, there have been no twitter posts that I have seen from the players talking up the new coach. To me this seems like the program will have to take one step backwards to go forward, unless Fickell can massively change the attitudes of the current players.

3. It would be positive for the program to pull a stud out of the transfer portal. the Program seems to have so many negative things happening between players and Coaches opting out, getting a good player coming in could change the short term narrative around Fickell.

3. I usually put a few bucks on the Badgers in their bowl game….but is there any chance this team will have the focus needed to play a big game? No bet for me this year.

4. I hear a lot of talk about Fickell going to a 4-3. Not possible with the current team. We barely have enough good defensive linemen to run the 3-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News