ADVERTISEMENT

A Visiting Clemson Tiger

JoeWW2

Aug 25, 2019
Hello Badgers. First time on your board. I'm a Univ. Of Florida and Clemson Univ. grad living in Clemson. Have lots of relatives in Wisconsin. My Mother was born in Monroe in 1885. Yes, that year is correct. I am an old geezer (will be 98 in November) and am interested in determining if I'm one of the oldest persons who posts regularly on the internet boards. I post regularly on TigerNet and The Clemson Insider. I served in WW2 and the Korean War. I still drive, walk without the aid of a cane and still in relatively good health. Some of my "friends" question my sanity but I have become immune to their snide remarks. Spend most of my time writing stories of my childhood and my experiences during WW2 and the Korean War. I share the war stories with children of men with whom I served and are now deceased.
So, how old is the senior poster on this board?
Go Badgers !!!!!!

Reactions: WheelerG
Hello Badgers. First time on your board. I'm a Univ. Of Florida and Clemson Univ. grad living in Clemson. Have lots of relatives in Wisconsin. My Mother was born in Monroe in 1885. Yes, that year is correct. I am an old geezer (will be 98 in November) and am interested in determining if I'm one of the oldest persons who posts regularly on the internet boards. I post regularly on TigerNet and The Clemson Insider. I served in WW2 and the Korean War. I still drive, walk without the aid of a cane and still in relatively good health. Some of my "friends" question my sanity but I have become immune to their snide remarks. Spend most of my time writing stories of my childhood and my experiences during WW2 and the Korean War. I share the war stories with children of men with whom I served and are now deceased.
Go Badgers !!!!!!
Hello Joe, welcome to our board! On Wisconsin!

Welcome Joe, and thank you for your service. It's probably quite safe to say you are BY FAR the oldest poster here.

If you don't mind me asking, which branch(es) were you in ? My dad served in the Navy in WWII (both Euro & Pac. theaters) as a fire control officer aboard a destroyer. I myself served in the Army (M60 tank commander) in the 80's.

Welcome Joe, and thank you for your service. It's probably quite safe to say you are BY FAR the oldest poster here.

If you don't mind me asking, which branch(es) were you in ? My dad served in the Navy in WWII (both Euro & Pac. theaters) as a fire control officer aboard a destroyer. I myself served in the Army (M60 tank commander) in the 80's.

I served in the Army in Europe during WW2 and in Korea during that war.. Was recalled to active duty in late Sept. 1950, and within 30 days was sitting in Pyongyang, North Korea. I was in the Signal Corp but I had an engineering degree so was assigned to a Combat Engineering CO when the Chinese Army came back down to Seoul. The winter of 1950-51 was the coldest weather I have ever experienced. Temp down to minus 35 F.
Thanks for your service.

Go Badgers !!!!!!

You are without a doubt the oldest person I know of. My grandfather was in great shape at 99. He was scheduled for minor surgery. He said he was going to die and not make it to 100. He did!

Thankyou for your service Sir, God bless... You are the oldest one here on these boards.

Thankyou for your service Sir, God bless... You are the oldest one here on these boards.

Well, if I ever find time, I've got enough material (stories) to fill three books. One will cover my experiences during WW2 and the Korean War. These stories are mostly on the comical and lighter side. Some I will never tell and some I can't find words to adequately describe the events.

Another book will cover my youth, college days and just "growing up". The third is stories of events during my life, mostly from the lighter side, my travels throughout much of this great world, my time in Pakistan in 1992 - 93 as a consultant and a lot of "spiff". I need a "pusher" to make me finish this task.

Football? I love it. Played in high school in Florida but wasn't any good. Been to practically all the Clemson home games since 1955 as well as away and bowl games until I reached my 80's. Have had the same two seats at Clemson since 1957. I walk in the portal and sit down on the 45 yard line. Don't have to climb down or up, which is not my cup of tea.

That's enough to bore you for today.

GO BADGERS & TIGERS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT