ADVERTISEMENT

Have your expectations increased?

Super Badger

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Mine have. There is so much to discuss and banter, but LF's press conference got me going this week. When the reporter asked, "Will you field a competitive team and what do you plan on getting out of this bowl game...to learn about your roster next year??" Although I paraphrase that and it might be from several of the reporters, LF fired back "We are going to try to win the game. When I walk through those doors, it would be disrespecting our players if we didn't have that as a goal". I kind of laughed as the question just said, we as a fan base and a set of reporters have such low expectations that they aren't even thinking about winning the game. Anyway, it was a very strong message, in that LF is about winning.
REMEMBER, the guy who got this all started was not a Badger, the Chancellor was not a Badger, but the AD was. LF CAN be successful here if he is allowed to do what he needs to do. His pedigree in coaching is that of winning, playing at OSU, he was expected to win, he was I think undefeated as a HS wrestler. These guys don't grow on trees.
The snippits I'm putting together from the stories out of the recruiting department are phenomenally encouraging. The hire of Phil Longo is a HUGE hire and one that addresses the moribund UW offense.
So while he hasn't won a game yet, I'm super encouraged and my expectations of the program have risen substantially. Given they were at a 30 year low, the only place to go is up. I'm bullish on the future of the Football Program, (and not the crappy stock market).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News