ADVERTISEMENT

NYT - Bo article

AquaBadger

Gold Member
Jun 21, 2001
New Bo Ryan article from The NYT. Same info most of you know...sometimes it's interesting to hear it from a different source.

On the topic of cheesesteaks:

There are plenty here in Philly who like cheese whiz on their steak. If you go into a cheesesteak joint, there will be crates of Amorosa rolls and on the grill they will have piles of chopped up and onions next to an industrial size can of cheese whiz with a ladle in it.

Most people don't prefer whiz. If you get white american or provolone mixed in to the steak just right...with the proper meat/cheese ration, the cheese will kind of bind the little pieces of steak together making sure you don't have a sloppy mess.

There are several very good cheesesteak places in Philly. The best is Delassandro's in Roxoborough/Manayunk. People who tell you otherwise are only kidding themselves. High quality meat with the right seasoning on a fresh Conshohocken Bakery roll and the best assortment of homemade peppers in the citt to adorn your set. If I can't make it down to Delassandro's, I'm going to Pudges our here in Montgomery County. Quality meat/Conshohocken Bakery roll with more meat than Delassandro's which throws off the meat/roll ratio.

I love a good steak. I remember the day I moved into the area. I finished moving and had nothing to eat. I ventured up to the local cheesesteak place and place my order "Hey I'll have a Philly cheesesteak." the cook yelled back "Hey dumb-fvck, you're in Philly it's just a fvckin' steak."...from then I was in love.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/sports/ncaabasketball/bo-ryan-is-weaned-to-win-in-wisconsin.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region&_r=1

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/s...side-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region&_r=1
This post was edited on 2/16 6:14 AM by AquaBadger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News