ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When do you plan to retire?

headizzle

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
The stadium thread got derailed a little bit, but there is an interesting personal finance discussion in there that I thought deserves its own thread. I thought this question would be a good way to lead into that type of discussion.

I'll go first.

I haven't planned closely enough to say anything for sure, but I'd like to at least have the financial stability to have the option to "retire" at 55 or shortly there after. I'm a teacher in Wisconsin, so that's the magic pension number for me. My wife has a Roth through her work that conservatively projects to be at around $500k by that time, and I have a 403(b) account that projects to about a couple hundred thousand, not counting increased savings when the kids are out of the house and income is higher.

We live a pretty modest lifestyle in a very low cost of living area, so these numbers will provide us with a pretty decent level of comfort in retirement. I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks and have developed an interest in wealth building and investing over the past 9 months or so, so I may set the goals higher yet. We have a total household income of right around $90k right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News