ADVERTISEMENT

PC rebuild of program for OSU

takatlanta

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2004
Atlanta
Going into this weeks game I think it's a good time to look at what changed since our last two losses to OSU in B1G Championship games. 2017 UW played OSU tough and had a chance to win at the end before losing 27-21. Defense was tough but lacked enough offensive weapons to get it done. In 2019 UW jumped on OSU for 21 early points but, when they fought back UW lacked the outside skill to keep up.

With that as context I think this team was built in response to those games. Post game analysis needs: high end QB who can stetch the field, better OL athletes, better DL/OLB athletes, more and better DBs, Bigger faster WRs.

Recruited talent
QB:GM checked all the boxes and PC has gambled he would eventually develop into a game changer.
OL: Brown, Nelson, Wedig, Tippmann, Benzschawel, Mahlman, Rucci, Brunner is a whole level higher of talent.
WR: Dike, Bell, Allen, K. Lewis, Engram, Vinny group has more size and speed than Quintez, Davis, Pryor, and Dunn.
DBs: Alexander, Shaw, Clark, Dort, Hallman, Lofy, Ashford, Selmar, Wohlers, Brown, Tolar talent and experience.
DL/OLB: Herbig, Lytle, Johnson, Peterson, Johnson, Bollers, high rated edge talent and Johnson 4 star interior.

My point is PC targeted upgrade was largely acheived. The last two years have been a challenge but, at the end of the day from a talent point-a-view, UW is where it wanted to be. Now some players have under performed, some are injured, and other's are too inexperienced but, from a talent stand point this team is better positioned to compete with OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News