ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Day 4

John Veldhuis

Aug 21, 2011
Practice report will be up this afternoon, but I figured I'd leave a few notes here while I'm working.

-- Stave was just ok today. He checked down a lot during skeleton and team work, and it looked like his deep ball was a little wobbly. Something to keep an eye on- it could have just been an off day for him.

-- I've been skeptical of Taiwan Deal through the first few practices, but he had a pretty good day today, including a really strong finish during the scrimmage part. He showed a good initial burst to cut through the defense and got to the secondary before he was tackled on two different plays.

--Rob Wheelwright had a good day today- I counted three different catches near the sideline and he caught a touchdown pass from Stave, too.

-- T.J. Watt had a brace on his left leg/knee after he left Friday's practice with an injury.

-- I spoke with Rafael Gaglianone after practice- he hasn't practiced at all so far this spring. Gaglianone told me he was feeling a bit of discomfort in his lower back at the end of last year, so they're playing it safe and not having him practice. He said he feels a lot better now and is focusing on getting ready for the summer/fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News