ADVERTISEMENT

Staffing Decisions.

Citrusbadger

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2014
This will probably be a long post but I believe this will address the biggest issue with this staff and PC’s decision making...
He has made the easy hire in every case. (Realize please that I am NOT saying these are bad hires, but I think you will see a common theme that EVERY hire was the easy one / family friend one.
Start with RK and defensive line... already on staff. No need to interview anyone else...saved money by moving a strength position to on field
Gary Brown, running backs...unemployed. Referred by Tyler B, No power 5 experience
Alvis Whitted - Wide receivers —unemployed, living in state.....no Power 5 experience
Hank Poteat - corners— former GA with PC at Pitt., MAC coach, no power 5 experience
As For GA’s
Bobby Dunn - offensive GA working with qb’s...experience, Madison Edgewood and tried to walk on one spring at UW. 4th season. No other experience
Manasseh Garner - offensive GA. Played at UW before transferring to Pitt...only other experience is at East Central Univ with Al Johnson.
Billy Lewis- defensive GA was a D3 player who worked in recruiting prior
Keller Chryst - DEFENSIVE GA...the nephew of the coach who was a D1 qb at Stanford and then Tennessee is on the DEFENSIVE side of the ball and the Edgewood qb is mentoring our qb. Nepotism at its finest.
I did not take the time To go over the “analysts” on this staff, but if you read their bio’, they might make an ok staff for st Norbert’s or Lakeland college......this is NOT a championship caliber staff at any level other than d coordinator.

PC can not justify the hiring of this group other than it is always the easiest choice, and the lack of P5 experience is alarming for a school like UW.

Add in the fact that the GA’s , along with Mickey Turner and Poteat are the eyes in the sky during game days, ie in the press box.
This has to be a joke...then you hear Tippmann say they failed to identify that ND swapped a safety for a linebacker and no one noticed, means this is a huge issue with this staff at all levels.

What to do next...
There is no question that Haering is dead weight...PC knows this but went against the man who for and would not make a change last off season. Make the move now.
PC needs to move Bostad to o-line immediately, immediately bring Cichy, who has been a volunteer assistant at every practice, take over at ILB with April supervising.
A team approach to special teams needs to be had. They are awful and need new life.
In the off-season, bring in a true OC coach.
PC is becoming his mentor, Mike Reilly, a respected coach who grew stale as he never evolved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News