ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you from Pitt

djbpitt

Jun 28, 2001
Not only did you take Chryst off our hands, you paid several million dollars for the privilege. Not really sure what you saw in him but we certainly upgraded in the process.

Reactions: ncpittfan
Thanks. How did things work out for your new upgrade in Iowa City last week ?

Reactions: Cwhoward
Having watched Paul coach both in person and on TV every one of his 38 games at Pitt, I have seen him to be:
an honest man, a very uncomtable speaker, a rather poor game day coach, one who has little hold on seeing what
Is needed on defense and someone is still not a good judge on assistants.
With that I hope he gros with this rather tweak schedule this year.
At this point, I am go happy you guys over looked Narduzzi for Paul C. Thank you. He should have better than 19-19 at Pitt with poor loses to Youngstown St. And Akron,.

Reactions: ncpittfan
Having watched Paul coach both in person and on TV every one of his 38 games at Pitt, I have seen him to be:
an honest man, a very uncomtable speaker, a rather poor game day coach, one who has little hold on seeing what
Is needed on defense and someone is still not a good judge on assistants.
With that I hope he gros with this rather tweak schedule this year.
At this point, I am go happy you guys over looked Narduzzi for Paul C. Thank you. He should have better than 19-19 at Pitt with poor loses to Youngstown St. And Akron,.
Sorry, last reply with my spelling as I have Parkinson's, but the brain is good!

Reactions: WheelerG
Bill bellicheck failed In Cleveland before he became the best coach ever in the NFL.
Chryst isn't terrible and might get better.
So far, so good.

There isn't any need for "Pitt fans" to come over and talk ill of their former coach. I was a Chryst believer when Pitt brought him over. He did bring stability to the program and helped rebuild our offensive line, however, I was not impressed with his choice of coordinators except Joe Rudolph, who is a good man and coach, plus he was a local. People on the Pitt board despise DC House, and the quick turnaround to a top 10 defense with the same personnel tells you all you need to know about him, and the fact Chryst didn't retain him,says another. Bottom line Pitt and Wisky got the coaches they need now that fit the school's personality and legacy. Narduzzi is essentially at home now, just like Chryst. Good luck to you all in the future.

Not only did you take Chryst off our hands, you paid several million dollars for the privilege. Not really sure what you saw in him but we certainly upgraded in the process.

If Chryst does not workout then Wisconsin can flip Nardogg.

Right, the Godfather knew and got what he wanted in PC. Ever the brilliant tactician, he handled PC's defensive short-comings by getting Aranda to stay in Madtown. Now UW has one of the best offensive minds in the business paired with one of the best defensive minds, so it's a great situation for UW to be in, while it lasts anyway.

Not all of us Pitt fans are as bitter as some. There is no reason any sane person should feel better by going out of their way to cut another person down.
Coach Chryst took over the Pitt job when it was in dire straits. He was able to right a boat that had problems by getting good, tough kids to commit. It was his first job & he was learning like any person does at a job they get for the first time.
Coach Duzz is benefiting in his 1st HC job off of the work Chryst did at Pitt. I hope we all are able to have success going into the future.

Hail to PITT !!!

Wisconsin is lucky to have had a favorite son come home. What he has done with a patch work team is remarkable and without the jucos and admission challenged players that Andersen wanted to bring on board. We just don't do that in Wisconsin and Andersen knew that before he was hired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT