ADVERTISEMENT

Wow - you got robbed

HuskerBB

Jul 31, 2001
The officiating in the 2nd half of this game was just absolutely ridiculous. One of the most one-sided officiated games I can remember seeing. Too bad for the Wisconsin kids - you deserved to get a fair chance to win, but it didn't happen tonight.

I get to watch Driscoll and Stephens up close and personal in the Big East several times a year. I can't believe they put those two clowns on the game last night. If you look at the fouls in the second half it implies Wisconsin was slow, out of position and outcoached. None of those things happened. I mean 13 to 5?? What a joke. On top of being incompetent, they are two of the most arrogant refs you will ever run into. Joke but congratulations on a tremendous year.

So I'm to assume from this that the first half foul count was completely just, then? 8-2 I believe?

I never pictured you or your fan base as the type to whine about things such as this, that had no bearing on the game. The game was decided between the players. Jones and Allen just made bigger plays. Jackson goes 1-7....Dekker 6-15 including 0-6 from behind the arc. Turned it over 5 times for a team that never turns the ball over. Thats why Wisconsin lost this game.

I've truly lost a tremendous amount of respect for Bo Ryan and the Wisconsin fan base after last night and today.

Originally posted by bshrader1:
So I'm to assume from this that the first half foul count was completely just, then? 8-2 I believe?
Uh, considering Badgers fouled least of any team in college hoops, yes, no surprise, look it up.

That doesnt prove anything! Thats exactly my point! Wisconsin plays the majority of their games during the season with Big 10 officials, who allow "reputations" to seep into their mentalities! It means Wisconsin will get away with more, when in reality, theyre committing fouls!

Case in point....Was Kaminsky's bear hug on Okafor a legitimate basketball play?? Or is it just "overlooked" because it's Wisconsin so it's just considered a normal foul?

Saying Wisconsin is the least penalized team in terms of fouls in the nation doesn't necessitate that they do not commit fouls...it simply means that fouls are not CALLED against Wisconsin as frequent as other teams. According to many fans of other Big 10 teams, Wisconsin gets away with a lot of contact during the regular season, yet nothing gets whistled.

1. We played 19 other games and our fouls were low in most of them.

I don't think we had many if any foul out the entire season.

2.Kaminsky was called for a foul, there was no danger to Okafor and they NEVER call that there for either side, you know it, I know it.

wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CrazyHeel:
Yall got hosed.
Coming from a Carowhina fan......priceless. Go check out THR right now. It's in full meltdown mode.

If you crank it loud, guaranteed, you'll be seeing hearing loss and probably tinnitus by age forty-five if not earlier.

So just because its "never" called there necessitates that it SHOULDNT be called there? Is your argument that Kaminsky's foul wasnt intentional?? Cause thats insane.

And thats exactly my argument with Wisconsin low foul count. Just because they arent whistled for fouls doesnt mean they do not commit fouls, it simply means the fouls arent whistled against them.

Originally posted by Crank_it_loud:
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CrazyHeel:
Yall got hosed.
Coming from a Carowhina fan......priceless. Go check out THR right now. It's in full meltdown mode.
As our Devils add one, how many does UNC lose?

Originally posted by bshrader1:
So just because its "never" called there necessitates that it SHOULDNT be called there? Is your argument that Kaminsky's foul wasnt intentional?? Cause thats insane.

And thats exactly my argument with Wisconsin low foul count. Just because they arent whistled for fouls doesnt mean they do not commit fouls, it simply means the fouls arent whistled against them.
Nothing personal, conversation is getting stupid.

You're right, refs were fair.

Agreed. Everyone as a fan will have their opinions. I never take things personal of this nature.

My hats off to Wisconsin for an incredible season, really fun to watch them play all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT