ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING 2018 LB Mike Bruner from Homestead

Jon McNamara

Administrator
Nov 14, 2006
Wisconsin
https://wisconsin.rivals.com/news/w...ten-getting-involved-with-2018-lb-mike-bruner

Mike Bruner already holds an offer from Iowa and says Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa State are showing interest. The Hawkeyes have shown they are willing to throw out early scholarships in past cycles, and it's paid off in a few cases. Bruner camped with the Badgers this summer.

It was good to see Bruner and Reggie Jennings on back-to-back nights. Both play on the outside and try and get to the quarterback as much as possible. With Bruner, though, he was actually used as a defensive back for a good chunk of plays because Indian Trail went four-wide a for much of the game. I know Jennings has his critics, but I'd take him over Bruner at this point in their respective careers.

I think Bruner has good size - 6-foot-3, 215 pounds; good burst off the edge but I don't think he's necessarily very quick. He also needs to a better job of diagnosing the play, as he often times over pursued and had a running back sneak past him in the backfield. And with a lot of juniors, Bruner needs to work on his strength moving forward.

As far as his strengths: Good size and frame to add more weight. Appears to be a pretty good athlete and a good tackler when he wrapped up. If Wisconsin were to offer, I think him and Jennings could pair well together, as Jennings likely projects on the inside where Bruner looks like a good fit on the outside - maybe a boundary linebacker in a 3-4.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News