ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Confirmed list: May 31 official visit weekend

Some nuggets here from the group:

Tounkara - Wisconsin sees some Quincy Burroughs in him in terms of raw ability. If the Badgers can land him this weekend (or month), they fully expect his recruitment to blow up. Very surprised he hasn't garnered more attention earlier in the process.

Davis - Chance Wisconsin can close him out this weekend. Coming off an injury but the staff feels he's one of the most talented TEs in the country. Bigger version of Jackson McGohan. Would be a steal in this class.

Powell - Projects to IOL. Brother goes to Arizona and the dad is a minor league baseball coach with the Marlins. Powell could want to stay home and be close to family or he could already be familiar with the family being all over the country.

Pietrzak - Still a Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma battle here. Sooners put a very, very large NIL deal on the table. It could prove too hard to turn away. Badgers have been there from the very beginning, though.

Davenport - Staff is a little split on him. Penn State could be the leader going into officials. Don't get the vibe that he ends up at Wisconsin but we'll see.

Woods - "Everything you want in a football player." Recently won state in the shot put. Looks like Wisconsin vs. Penn State right now. Isn't the type of kid who will commit during a visit.

Lateju - Huge, huge upside kid whom the staff loves. Michigan State, Boston College, Notre Dame and Tennessee are pushing for officials, though. This will be a big visit to solidify his connection to Wisconsin. Very close with Raphael Dunn in the 2024 class. Concern level does not appear to be very high right now.

Loftin - Penn State and Tennessee feel like the competition here. Nebraska is a bit late to the party but they are getting an official. More likely to jump during an official visit in comparison to Woods. Wisconsin wants one more OLB in this class. 1) Woods 2) Loftin 3) N. Clayton on the priority list.

Posa - Maybe the most coveted prospect remaining on Wisconsin's board. Feels like an identical recruitment to Tackett Curtis' in terms of his fit at UW. Feeling is that Oregon and Texas A&M were tied at the top but Wisconsin caught up during his last visit. Badgers are going to do everything to lock him up while on campus. Dad loves UW, now they need to get his mom and sisters on board. Probably No. 1 right now on Luke Fickell's big board. Badgers want to use him like Jaheim Thomas. ILB with the ability to rush the passer on obvious passing downs.

Stroud - He's my pick to potentially commit this weekend. Little slight right now but he runs 10.7 and Wisconsin loves the tape. Haynes and Lambert have done a very nice job here. This would start the dominos at CB.

Poteat - All signs still point to Tennessee but Wisconsin is going to try and make it as difficult as possible to say no to them. I think playing in the SEC is huge to Poteat and that's a sizeable draw. UW is absolutely all in though. I've seen some talk of Poteat not being a fit at UW and they feel like need to recruit him because he's from the state. But that is not the case.

Scott - Don't be surprised if Ohio State comes in with an offer, but Scott has a great connection to Fickell that is years in the making.

Last edited:
I'll set the over/under of 3 commits out if that group. With Posa and Tounkara being the highest bets

Reactions: phildickert

Tounkara - Wisconsin sees some Quincy Burroughs in him in terms of raw ability. If the Badgers can land him this weekend (or month), they fully expect his recruitment to blow up. Very surprised he hasn't garnered more attention earlier in the process.

Davis - Chance Wisconsin can close him out this weekend. Coming off an injury but the staff feels he's one of the most talented TEs in the country. Bigger version of Jackson McGohan. Would be a steal in this class.

Powell - Projects to IOL. Brother goes to Arizona and the dad is a minor league baseball coach with the Marlins. Powell could want to stay home and be close to family or he could already be familiar with the family being all over the country.

Pietrzak - Still a Wisconsin vs. Oklahoma battle here. Sooners put a very, very large NIL deal on the table. It could prove too hard to turn away. Badgers have been there from the very beginning, though.

Davenport - Staff is a little split on him. Penn State could be the leader going into officials. Don't get the vibe that he ends up at Wisconsin but we'll see.

Woods - "Everything you want in a football player." Recently won state in the shot put. Looks like Wisconsin vs. Penn State right now. Isn't the type of kid who will commit during a visit.

Lateju - Huge, huge upside kid whom the staff loves. Michigan State, Boston College, Notre Dame and Tennessee are pushing for officials, though. This will be a big visit to solidify his connection to Wisconsin. Very close with Raphael Dunn in the 2024 class. Concern level does not appear to be very high right now.

Loftin - Penn State and Tennessee feel like the competition here. Nebraska is a bit late to the party but they are getting an official. More likely to jump during an official visit in comparison to Woods. Wisconsin wants one more OLB in this class. 1) Woods 2) Loftin 3) N. Clayton on the priority list.

Posa - Maybe the most coveted prospect remaining on Wisconsin's board. Feels like an identical recruitment to Tackett Curtis' in terms of his fit at UW. Feeling is that Oregon and Texas A&M were tied at the top but Wisconsin caught up during his last visit. Badgers are going to do everything to lock him up while on campus. Dad loves UW, now they need to get his mom and sisters on board.

Stroud - He's my pick to potentially commit this weekend. Little slight right now but he runs 10.7 and Wisconsin loves the tape. Haynes and Lambert have done a very nice job here. This would start the dominos going at CB.

Poteat - All signs still point to Tennessee but Wisconsin is going to try and make it as difficult as possible to say no to them. I think playing in the SEC is huge to Poteat and that's a sizeable draw. UW is absolutely all in though. I've seen some talk of Poteat not being a fit at UW and they feel like need to recruit him because he's from the state. But that is not the case.

Scott - Don't be surprised if Ohio State comes in with an offer, but Scott has a great connection to Fickell that is years in the making.
Thanks Jon. I love the synopsis of each recruit. I really like Tounkara and hoping that they can lock him up this weekend.

Awesome write up! Hoping Gentry still takes his officials.

Tounkara, Davis, and Lateju are all high upside, currently underrated pieces whose stocks could rise a ton by next November. All would be great adds. I have a feeling Badgers will lock up the two and keep Lateju.

Additionally, Woods, Posa, Stroud, and Pietrzak are the 4 I am really hoping for the Badgers to lock up from this weekend by end of June. Pietrzak maybe the most important, def with Roy not scheduling an official yet. That would be massive for this class.

Posa - Maybe the most coveted prospect remaining on Wisconsin's board. Feels like an identical recruitment to Tackett Curtis' in terms of his fit at UW. Feeling is that Oregon and Texas A&M were tied at the top but Wisconsin caught up during his last visit. Badgers are going to do everything to lock him up while on campus. Dad loves UW, now they need to get his mom and sisters on board. Probably No. 1 right now on Luke Fickell's big board. Badgers want to use him like Jaheim Thomas. ILB with the ability to rush the passer on obvious passing downs.

Stroud - He's my pick to potentially commit this weekend. Little slight right now but he runs 10.7 and Wisconsin loves the tape. Haynes and Lambert have done a very nice job here. This would start the dominos at CB.

Hey! This reminds me of the old whispers posts from the past. Absolutely love this breakdown

nice - this would soften the sting in case Verona's T.P. goes elsewhere

Poteat- WR’s at Ohio State, Washington, Oregon, USC and others might be good to play against and match the SEC would be my message….

Love this Jon! Thank you so much!! Best post in a while!! So much to chew on!
Would love Kade P....but goodness, does this staff program have what it takes to field a legit DLine???? We shall see.
Seems they have a problem getting or paying for the premium DTs that are on the market. Seems like UW does well with the offensive side paying up (QBs) but need to increase the budget for the D-Line guys. Sell more of that Potosi beer

I think Posa is one of the most, must wins in this class (along with Pietrzak and Woods). I have no clue why Rivals is so down on him (only a 5.6?!) or what it is they don't like about his game but he is a Top 20 LB and Top 280 Prospect on the 3 other services (ESPN, On3, and 247 Sports).
Posa should be a four-star.

Mellow officially harshed. And Jon may have just killed Super.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT