ADVERTISEMENT

Feels good to be back in familiar territory- Clint Cosgrove

Clint Cosgrove

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2013
Being new to Rivals, I wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Clint Cosgrove and I have recently taken over as the National Analyst for the midwest. Those who have been here for a while may recognize my last name, as my dad is Kevin Cosgrove who was a long time assistant for Coach Alvarez. I grew up in Madison and around the Wisconsin program. I was one of those kids that couldn't get enough time around football, and was lucky enough to have my dad work for a coach like Alvarez who allowed me to spend countless hours around the program. Much of my football and recruiting philosophy can be attributed to my time spent around the Wisconsin program. Although plenty has changed since I grew up around the team, I still feel like I have a great understanding of the Wisconsin way, and hopefully I'll be able add some value to your conversations. I am also close with a number of the current coaches on staff.

I know that Hinzman and Schrauth are big topics of conversation here, and I hope to add more to those conversations as I gain more intel in the coming days. I have known Hinzman and his family since I first met them at a showcase when Carson was in 8th grade (my last job was as a scout that was paid by college teams). I have been following Schrauth since early in his high school career, but do not have the same type of relationship with him, as I do with the Hinzman family.

I wanted to leave you with my thoughts on a current commit in the meantime...

I am based out of Chicago and Austin Brown is a kid that I have been following for a while. I really think he can be a gem of this class. Hard nosed football kid, and I see him as being a perfect fit for the Badgers. He has a great frame, is extremely fluid, runs well, and has a chance to be a contributor from day 1. He isn't a national recruit type in the sense that he won't "wow" everybody with superior skill in any area, but at the same time... He doesn't have any glaring weakness. His biggest strength is being a darn good football player, and those are the type of kids that Wisconsin wins with. If I had to make a recent comparison from within the Wisconsin program, I would say he most closely resembles Reggie Pearson at the same age. Austin is probably a little bigger, and a little better of an athlete than Pearson was at the same time in his career. Brown is a little off the beaten path when it comes to recruiting his home town, and I feel like he would have gotten even more attention if he played in a highly recruited area like Chicago. I really think he can be a steal for the Badgers in the end.

I look forward to being part of this board. Please feel free to ask me any questions in the meantime.

Thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News