ADVERTISEMENT

Game in Madison

Oahe

Dec 10, 2012
Have heard a lot of horror stories about your fan base at football games, any advise on areas to avoid?

This post was edited on 11/12 9:06 AM by Oahe

No bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Drug addicts and drunks there. lolololololololololoololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYWHERE! Travel in packs. Stay at the Hotel Red right across the street. Get in, get out. The whole hotel is made out of very sturdy and thick concrete.

wink.r191677.gif
Just kidding man. You might want to stay away from Breese Terrace area on the West side of the stadium. Lots of college kids getting rowdy. Just enjoy yourselves. Be friendly and respectful and you'll probably run into people wanting to buy you a drink. Madison is very unique and gameday is great. You will have fun going out on State Street after the game. There's plenty of security on State. Avoid any engaging conversation if some drunk is clearly trying to start something. Pretty basic common sense type stuff. Enjoy!

You had better hope you lose then the locals might cut you some slack- win and you are in big trouble. On second thought better to stay home on your couch rather then driving all the way up there in possible bad weather just to watch a loss.I think it is pretty funny that just a few seasons ago when you joined the B1G it was all kisses and welcome now you both have the normal hate relationship going once you experience a loss to the other team.At Iowa we had no problem adjusting we hated the Bugeaters BEFORE they joined the conf. If Mohammad Abdullah Mohammad doesn't play you will get rolled.

Originally posted by Oahe:
Have heard a lot of horror stories about your fan base at football games, any advise on areas to avoid?

This post was edited on 11/12 9:06 AM by Oahe
Yes. Avoid Madison, Wisconsin. 95K in Camp Randall Stadium--you really think your Huskers will even hear you? Yell at the TV. Win or lose, you don't want to be on State Street.

Thanks, sounds like you've been there. Is it as bad as I'm hearing?

Originally posted by old person:
Drinking at 7 am game finishes in the dark Go Badgers!
The fact you come over to the Badger board when Iowa isn't playing them just to bash a husker fan is hilarious. Green is not a good color for you.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Oahe:
Thanks, sounds like you've been there. Is it as bad as I'm hearing?
Chances are you've heard gross exaggerations. Have a good time. Don't be an asshole and you should be fine. You will likely be called an asshole though so be prepared.

Why don't you just concentrate on winning your next game? We will be fine. It's gonna be a great game, great atmosphere if Abdullah is healthy and we don't turn the ball over we win by 7 if either of those don't happen we lose by 7.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Minnesota just scored again.

No you won't be fine you are facing a very good D at home where you have a hugh crowd noise disadvantage and Armstrong will screw up enough to keep the O off the field and you will see a lot of Melvin in your rear view mirror- you get rolled by 20 and then you can all go back and bitch and moan about the 70's being better football and the BiG stinks Come back after the game with your new analysis . I especially like the fact your moderators have told anyone who critizies them they will be blackballed . Real democracy you guys have. I assume you all are out Goose stepping to that tune.

A D that has only played one team in the top 50 (number 34) hasn't really been tested. Now, I am not saying they are not good because they are but I don't see either team running away with this one. I would say if you are keeping score by positions it would go like this:

O Line: Wiscy
RB: Wiscy (if AA is 100% Push)
Qb: NU
TE: Push
WR: NU
D Line: NU
LB: Wscy
Secondary: Push
Special Teams: NU
Crowd/Environment: Wiscy

So it's 4 to 4 with a couple pushes. Other things of note NU has played In a couple hostile environments this year already and will build on that. But it should come down to a couple things:

Can NU contain Gordon?
Can Wiscy's QB's complete enough passes to keep NU honest on D?
What factor will NU's special teams play?
How healthy is AA?
Can Tommie Armstrong find his open receivers?

Should be a heck of a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT