ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison kid drops n-bomb during presser

ramby

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2008
will the media just let this go?

imagine a white boy from Wisconsin dropping that word. Their life and career prospects ruined as they would be labeled a racist.

Sorry Jon if this is unacceptable or something you don't want to be a part of this forum, but this should be a big story in the media. This definitely detracts from the sport and game but certainly something that needs to be discussed as sports can be a valuable tool for social change. I am not denying racism exists, but when African Americans use the word so freely, it is hard to ever see anything changing.

Feel free to criticize or call me an idiot for failing to see the difference between a black person using the term and a white person using the term. I just have a hard time finding the term "so offensive" when it is thrown around so freely in black communities. And yes I do know a little bit about history to those about to jump all over me. I just find it unacceptable that African Americans find that term to be so acceptable amongst themselves. This is a great place and example on a national level to discourage the use of the term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News