ADVERTISEMENT

I love football recruiting!!!

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
We should make 4-5 more kids leave after this season so we have a bigger class to put together!

I remember years ago, when Badgermaniac was THE board, a regular who only spoke about Badger football on the 'main" board, came over to the recruiting board , where 8-10-12 guys posted as compared to hundreds on the main board.

He asked?

What is it with you recruiting NERDS who talk about 17-18 year old kids and where they'll end up, I don't get it, I understand discussing the games but what is theis fascination with recruiting.

I explained that I liked recruiting as much as the games themselves, that I go to NFL pre-season games and enjoy it more when the starters are out and I get to watch some 7th rd draft pick I was following since HS or UFA who gets in for 5-10 snaps maybe.
I watch those guys carefully , while others are running to their cars to beat the traffic. Same deal with baseball, I follow the results and read the box scores of all 8 Yankee farm teams, including the short season leagues, so I can see who might be the next Derek Jeter or Mariano RIviera.

He didn't get it, couldn't understand the value and then one of the other recruitniks said, simply,

"It's about the hunt!"

I got it, he was correct, some people were meant to be out in the cold, hunting, struggling and carrying the meat home and that's what they enjoyed best..
Others like to eat the meat, drink some beer and socialize around the campfire, that's what they like.

There's room for both types in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News