ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA's refusal to take a knee

MamaBadger

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2011
Just curious on opinions in the Den on Iowa's decision to run a 4th down play with 30 seconds to go from the 2 yard line, when they were up by 24 points on Western Michigan. That last TD was meaningless to the outcome of the game. Keep in mind, however, that Brian Ferentz has to average 25 points per game this year, or his contract is terminated and he was under that average through the first two games.

My feeling is that it showed an incredible lack of class, and nine out of ten coaches would have lined up in the victory formation for that last play. And, why risk injury to any player on the field at that point? The fact that the OC is financially incentivized to run up garbage time scores is also classless and assine. The head coach should have been the adult in the room here and showed some decency - but of course he's Brian Ferentz's father, and decided to put his son's financial need over decency.

I know there are other ways to look at this and maybe i'm being overly harsh on Iowa. What do others think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News