ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Workouts

Zack Miller

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2013
Just a quick update on what I'm hearing from some of the guys making the jump to the next level:

Frank Kaminsky
Not working out with teams outside of the lottery.
My gut feeling with Frank is that he doesn't slide beyond the Pacers at No. 11. One of their scouts was at nearly every game watching Frank, and he expressed to me during the NCAA Tournament just how much he and the organization loved Frank. Also some rumblings that Indy wants to get rid of Roy Hibbert, but I don't know anything specifically about that. Would make some sense though.

Sam Dekker
The Bucks tried to get Sam in for a workout sometime next week, but it sounds as if his agent isn't giving the OK on any workouts beyond the 15th pick.
While I never truly understood why agents say "no" to certain teams because they want their guy drafted in the lottery (don't they know trades can happen?!), I completely understand it in Sam's case. I think it would be best for Sam to get out of the state of Wisconsin. If the Bucks held the No. 1 overall pick then it would obviously different, but that's my read on the situation.

Josh Gasser
Josh worked out for the Bulls last week - actually in the same workout with Duje Dukan. He is scheduled to workout for the Bucks next week.
Josh is the guy teams bring in to just compete and make life difficult for the prospect the team is really looking at. Bobby Portis is one of the guys potentially working out with Gasser for the Bucks, so my gut tells me the Bucks are looking at Portis but don't want to just have him go through regular drills. Gasser - as he was during his time at Wisconsin - is there to make life a living hell for the offensive player.

Duje Dukan
Duje has been working out for the Bulls, and I heard last night that as many as 10 teams have reached out to him for workouts.
I still think Vegas has Europe as the overwhelming favorite for Duje's final destination, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a team (like the Bulls) at least for Summer League.

Traevon Jackson
I know Traevon has worked out for the Utah Jazz, but other than that I have not heard much about his workout experience/schedule so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News