ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like this staff is pretty active

mjhill

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2006
Madison
Looking at the number of offers out to kids is incredible. When Bert was here, he had his way of recruiting and there were not many offers. Seemed much more reserved and/or specific or a little but of laziness not getting out there enough.

Andersin came in and threw offers out like they were hot cakes. I liked the effort to get out and recruit. Always felt like you didn't have a chance if you didn't offer. But as we learned, many of his offers were short sighted and worthless. No point in spending time on kids who couldn't get into school here.

Now Chryst, who is labeled as not the best recruiter comes in with his staff... I like the effort I see and they are giving it a go on the recruiting front. I would have to assume there is a more well thought out plan on who to recruit because of Paul's time here before and his knowledge of how things are run at UW on the academic side. I'm curious as to who the J's or anyone else thinks about some of the main people behind this aggressive recruiting front? Which guys on the staff are surprising and turning heads at the work they're putting in at recruiting? I know in the end, the class will be judged on the results of who actually signs but I like what I see so far.

Andersin came here and talked about how he felt like Wisconsin could walk into any living room of any kid's family in the country and compete with any team in the nation trying to recruit them. I felt like they "attempted" to do that but also pigeon holed themselves with JUCO'S, at risk kids as far as getting into school, and not casting as big of a blanket as this staff. (Aside from going to the Somoan islands and other places halfway across the world that just seemed asanine).

So, who's the main sources of energy behind our recruiters!? Is Paul stepping up to the plate and surprising people as well?

Reactions: Badgerboy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News