ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I watched the game,

LeftyLarry

Nov 11, 2003
A bit disappointed, MSU pretty much had nothing and were over rated having beaten a bad ND last week, they pretty much self destructed, though obviously we had something to do with thatl
Horni was good, like him a lot, reminds me of a lefty Chad Pennington when Chad was at Marshall.
Good feel, good leader, good touch, good at throwing a WR open but unfortunately he was lucky today, threw a lot of balls up for grabs and a lot with not much velocity behind them.He seems to find a way and will get better and better but if we don't get the running game going, he will have a 3 INT blow up game before the season is over.

Thought CC was 85% today, needs to get back to 100% by the OSU game and I think he will.
Thought Dare ran much better today, took less circuitous routes to the hole.

My SPARQ boys Peavy and Musso both came up huge today and the point of having the good SPARQ score was again evident, as against better athletes than we often play both stood out and played fast.

TEs were competent today, Fumagli was still slowish and not separating but still catches the ball well, wish we had a more athletic guy there though but Fumes is good enough.

Rushing made a big catch, I expect more from both he and Peavy, which will allow Wheelwright to get even more one on one coverage and a chance for some big plays.

Thought the OL played pretty well, especially with the injuries and position changes, Conners held up mostly, did a competent job but would like to see BBenz a bit nastier, mauling a bit more like Dieter does.
Going forward OL should be in fine shape as Maxwell gets in better shape each week, and Dietzen/ Kapoi return from injury.

Olivie was a stud today, rest of the DL very pedestrian, Chikwe , did he play? I saw Alec James make a few good plays and the Instate kid who was moved to TE but was out there on defense today Neuville, looked quick for his now, good size.

I think we may just Have the deepest and best Linebacking corps in all of college football.
Maybe we don't have the number one draft picks but Watt and Biegel are as good a pair for what we need them to do as anyone.Dooley a terrific third guy and eventually Baun has the chance be another superstar.
In the middle, Edwards is an NFL Caliber athlete with size, speed and anticipation, along with Cichy , one of the most instinctual and athletic guys we've ever had out there and there is ZERO drop off when the former Minnn, HS QB walk on Connolly comes into the game Either.Hell, Leon Jacobs was all over field making plays today also and might be the best athlete of the lot, an embarrassment of riches at linebacker with a great true fresh class behind them.
Dixon is an enigma, seems strong, tough and smart but he just doesn't change direction very well, straight line speed only, makes big plays, makes big misses.He will get better and truth is, it's sad he's the best we have there and Farrar can't beat him out.
Tindal and Shelton are a fine combo, Figaro an athletic body who could continue to improve under JL until Jamerson returns.
Booker, ugh, so far a huge disappointment, still learning the position, I hope.
Wish we had the bye right now and then Mich, OSU.

I like what the kicking and specials look like right now.When Gags come back we have a guy on Kick offs who can get it there, a punter who can place it in corners, a FG kicker who is superb and a competent back up there too, good cover teams, like to see a fake and a trick play before it's over.

This is fun, can we keep it going or will the weakness be exposed in Ann Arbor?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News