ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL RECRUITING Recruit Reaction

Jon McNamara

Administrator
Nov 14, 2006
Wisconsin
We'll post this as as story, but I wanted to get it out as soon as possible.

2016 PG Kobe Gantz

Initial reaction

"I was surprised I went to sleep early last night because I have a game last night, and when I woke up from school a lot of people from my city were tagging me in a bunch of SportsCenter announcements. I thought he was going to finish this year out."

On Gard as interim

"I think that was the best thing the could've done, he's been with coach Ryan for a while so he understands the system that has been put in place, and has many years behind a great coach so he should do great."

UW still on radar?

"Yes definitely still on my radar, and I talk to coach Gard still. He calls and checks up, and I get mail from them every couple days."

2017 Wisconsin commit Kobe King

Initial reaction

"I was hoping I'd get a year with him but I knew before I committed that there was a good chance that he'd leave. So it doesn't change anything."

Is Gard the right man for the job?

"Definitely."

2016 wing Andre Wesson

Initial reaction

"I never really got the chance to talk to him but I know that he is a great coach and from what I've heard an even better man and person and it's sad that we are losing a legendary coach in college basketball."

Gard the right fit?

"Yes sir. I think he's the right man for the job he knows what he's doing and knows the game and he's been with coach Ryan for a long time now so I think it's a good fit."

UW still in contact?

"Yes sir, they contact me and they're still on my radar."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News