ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Seniors coming back or staying

Jon McNamara

Administrator
Nov 14, 2006
Wisconsin
Figured I would make a thread for this an update it during the winter.

Quarterbacks
*Jack Coan - The fourth-year senior is going to play somewhere next year and I'm guessing it's at Wisconsin. At the very least, Coan will likely return for spring camp and see how he feels (health-wise) and how he stacks up against Mertz. Chryst is going to give him a fair shake. And if for some reason Mertz blows him out the water, he could look at his options during the summer with a degree likely in hand.

Running backs
*Garrett Groshek - Fifth-year guy, just got married. Guessing he moves on.
*Mason Stokke - Fifth-year guy who could maybe make an NFL roster unless all the fullback spots in the league are already filled by Alec Ingold and Derek Watt.

Wide receivers
*Kendric Pryor - Not an NFL guy and has already been in the program five years. I think he moves on.
*Danny Davis - Fourth-year senior who has been injured all year. Him coming back makes the most sense from anyone in this senior class, in my opinion.
*Jack Dunn - Fifth-year former walk-on. I think he moves on. If Wisconsin is in a position next year where the staff says, "We could really use Jack Dunn right now" the offense is in trouble.
*Adam Krumholz - Same as Dunn.

Tight ends
*Gabe Lloyd - Thought the former walk-on had a chance to play at UW but injuries plagued him.
*Jake Ferguson - Just a redshirt junior, but I think Ferguson will almost certainly leave early.

Offensive line
*Cole Van Lanen - Confirmed he is gone. Should be drafted.
*Jon Dietzen - Can't see him back for a seventh season. Can he make an NFL roster?

Defensive line
*Isaiahh Loudermilk - Confirmed he is gone. Intriguing size - maybe a late-round pick or free agent.
*Garrett Rand - Leaving the door open for a return.

Linebackers
*Noah Burks - Not an NFL guy and has already been in the program five years. Guessing he moves on.
*Mike Maskalunas - Fifth-year guy and former walk-on. If he's interested in returning on his own dime, why not?

Cornerbacks
*Caesar Williams - Maybe he can make an NFL roster? I have my doubts but I think he's going to want to find out this spring and summer.
*Kobe Knaack - Walk-on. Likely gone.

Safety
*Eric Burell - Already has an undergraduate and two graduate degrees. Burrell will not be back next year.
*Collin Wilder - Fifth-year guy but with the transfer and injuries during his career, he may want to make another run at it.
*Madison Cone - Fourth-year senior. Kind of buried on the depth chart but Leonhard likes his skills in nickel. Maybe he elects to transfer in order to play one more next season.

Special teams
*Adam Bay - True senior and four-year starter as a scholarship long snapper. I'd bring him back if he's interested.
*Josh Bernhagen - Third-string long snapper.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News