ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Wisconsin!

rschwartz_armdise

Dec 28, 2004
When Coach Chryst left Pitt, I thought it not a great loss, but possibly an opportunity. Looking at th past 3 years, much of Pott'si problems seemed to be with staff decisions in recruiting and on the field. Paul's problems are there. Looking at the staffs being put together by both, pitt is putting a first rate staff better then Paul's staff both that he had at Pitt, and the one he is putting togethe.

Thank you Wisconsin as there is the feeling that unless Paul won 9 next year that he would be replaced next year. His team this year should been no worst than 9-3. Enter Pat Norduzzi. I don't know how he will fare. I will take my chances. I hope that Paul learns from his Pitt years.

1. Learn to spell your new coaches name !! NARDUZZI
2.PITT has been irrelevant in college football since Dorsett..geographically really in ACC?
3. PITT program was in the PITTS when Chryst took over...senior class awful this year from past coaches
4, IN 2016 we play LSU, MICHIGAN, MSU AND OHIO STATE...that's big time vs Duke, Wake, Virginia and GaTech.

Tell me about 2018........

Maybe if we're going to misspell we should call him Nearmissing. The guy was supposedly the "hot assistant" for the last three years and while he had plenty of interviews was swinging and missing. That is not a coincidence. Great honeymoon period right now with Pitt fans as he has an unblemished record as a head coach. But the analytical mind looks behind and asks why he didn't get all those other jobs he was up for? Lots of people saw something they were not sold on and went in other directions.

The Pitt program has many obstacles to overcome, lack of on campus stadium, funding, image, and lack of fan support-attendance. Right now Nearmissing better get busy on the recruiting trail as that so called "class" is falling apart.

Let's talk again when Nearmissing is on his first losing streak. All honeymoons end at some point, some sooner than later.

question

um, please remind me who recruited the "so called "class"? Yeah, I thought so. Good like with "Hayseed, I don't like recruiting" Paul..

Re: question

Rudolph is a good recruiter, as is Aranda, so our Coordinators will recruit hard and Chryst will be the National QB recruiter.

OL's and RB's always find us, pretty much and Instate is very important. As an example we play 4 instate linebackers in our 3-4 defense last year, 2 of them former walk-ons in Schobert and Trotter. Instate will be even better with Chryst.
Aranda gives us a lot of flexibility with the 3-4 too because now odd-sized tweener types make plenty of sense to us. and maybe not for our compeition

Probable recruiting areas:

Rudolph & Haerring : Ohio & Penn

Brown: Georgia, Carolinas

Aranda : Florida

Breck : Cal/Hawaii and Poly kids in general

Jones : Maryland Florida/East coast,

Tibesar: Illinois, Kansas, Midwest

Turner: Mizzou/ Wisconsin/MInn

WR Coach: Texas/Col/Arizona hopeful - Thought we had Norvell, now we don't.

Actually, this is probably a better staff for recruiting than in years past even if Chryst just talks to QB's but it would be nice to have a presence in Texas which we would have had with Norvell.

thank you so much,he should have never been hired in the first place.Good riddance, we will see how meaningless we our now.By the way we have the second most nfl hall of fmers and the second most college hall of famers, dont remember wisconsin being on that list or the list of the 25 best college football programs of all time, pitt checks in at 17th.

Lefty I assume you are a Wisconsin fan that your own fan base is embarrassed to have. It's ok every fan base has them

lol..Pitt is not 2nd all time. USC and Notre Dame are top 2. Pitt is tied for Michigan in 4th place.

Wisconsin checks in at no. 11 in the BCS era 98-2013..
Top programs of the AP Poll 1936-2014. Wisconsin checks in at 23rd and Pitt is at 28th. This is since 1936.

http://collegespun.com/features/the-25-most-successful-college-football-programs-of-the-bcs-era/4

http://www.tiptop25.com/topcolleges_ap_poll_era.html

I realize Pitt was a powerhouse from 1914 to 1920. I mean they claimed 3 National Championships in 1915,1916 and 1918. I'm sure you remember those years just like it was yesterday
smile.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT